Dual-Sport America today

I've seen a couple of posts about "non-responsive" Dual Sport America so I thought I'd mention my experience today.

It starts with me accidently shredding a CRF250X blinker so I went to the DSA website to get a replacement. Of course, I couldn't figure out which model so I called the listed phone number. "Lee" answered and said that he was out of the office but that we'd walk through it as soon as he got to a computer. I asked if he could just tell me what comes with the kit and he responded the 10-diode model. So, I ordered a pair and an hour later got a shipping confirmation with a tracking number for priority shipping.

Assuming I get what I ordered, I couldn't be happier with DSA's responsiveness!

Redfever

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW....maybe Lee wrote that unless you are the only one who has had any good service. If you want the truth email me at dieselsmallp@hotmail.com and I will forward emails from Lee and let you listen to recorded phone conversations, you won't believe how bad of a person this guy is. He is stealing and commiting fruad from a lot of people.

Greetings,

I'm new to ThumperTalk and I'm thrilled with all the information! I'm a returning rider, purchased a used crf250x and immediately ordered a kit from dualsportamerica. My goal is to get it titled for the street.

Items came in just over a week and installation was pretty straight forward (there are pics and instructions in print and online). I couldn't get the blinkers to work and I emailed customer service. I got a response in less than 30 minutes and it was EASTER. No joke, Easter holiday. Person I talked to gave me some troubleshooting tips and it was an error I made during install.

Rode the bike offroad yesterday for several hours and in plenty of mud. Everything still works.

I saw on here that there hasn't been much love for "Lee" (I'm guessing that was who responded to me.) But I am very happy.

Now to figure out how to put pics up here....

Greetings,

I'm new to ThumperTalk and I'm thrilled with all the information! I'm a returning rider, purchased a used crf250x and immediately ordered a kit from dualsportamerica. My goal is to get it titled for the street.

Items came in just over a week and installation was pretty straight forward (there are pics and instructions in print and online). I couldn't get the blinkers to work and I emailed customer service. I got a response in less than 30 minutes and it was EASTER. No joke, Easter holiday. Person I talked to gave me some troubleshooting tips and it was an error I made during install.

Rode the bike offroad yesterday for several hours and in plenty of mud. Everything still works.

I saw on here that there hasn't been much love for "Lee" (I'm guessing that was who responded to me.) But I am very happy.

Whatever. One post huh. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Lee Shaw is an A-hole, and I have several scathing emails from him about 'how jerks like me don't deserve any customer service'.

Yeah. Whatever.

Greetings,

Complete BS alert.? What's "amazing" is the fact that you "immediately purchased a kit from dualsportamerica" with all of the information available on here:lol:

Give the guys at Siccass Racing a shot. I have used them several times, needed help over the phone once, and have recommended them to several friends. Everyone is very pleased with their support and their products. Ask about the "minimal" kit, works great here in Michigan to meet DOT specs with no extra bells and whistles that you don"t "really" need.

http://www.sicassracing.com/

Brad

Maybe I wasn't clear...I bought a moto after 20+ years away, immediately purchase a dualsportamerica kit (PRIOR to being a member of thumpertalk) and it's BS?

Honestly, if I would've been a member of Thumper PRIOR to my purchase of the kit I would've stayed away, no doubt.

I'm just saying that I've had good luck. Clearly I'm in the minority and thankful.

If you would like to believe me, cool. If not, cool.

Best of luck!

geronimok, good for you that you've had good luck - me too! I'm sorry some other people haven't but I'm honestly not "Lee" using an alias. I bought my kit as I was just getting involved with TT and have had nothing but good experiences. Here's my story (lots of good ideas for a 250X):

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=707827&highlight=

• 3 months later...

Here's another down vote for DSA. I sent an email with questions, and was sent a 'just buy the damn thing' reply. when I politely questioned his customer service, he got downright vulgar. He acts like he just wants people to throw money at him and shut up. I wish I'd read this thread first!

I ordered his minimalist kit for my XR4. Got it within a week (normal shipping time for Cali to Mich.) and had no issues with the install or any parts. I havnt had to contact him for any reason so I cant speak on his customer service attitude. IMO, its a chance you take with any small internet biz, there will be good and bad. My experience was neutral I guess, I got what I ordered when it was supposed to be here so I really cant complain.

I'm hoping someone who's had a similar experience with DSA can help me. Last time I checked the forums, I was doing research on kits but never came across this info. I ordered a kit two weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Called and emailed once, but no response. Anyone willing to share how they followed up on this kind of thing?

I'm hoping someone who's had a similar experience with DSA can help me. Last time I checked the forums, I was doing research on kits but never came across this info. I ordered a kit two weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Called and emailed once, but no response. Anyone willing to share how they followed up on this kind of thing?

Did you order online using paypal? If so, send him an email with all information (order#, date you were billed, name etc. ) and just politely say you have not recieved any parts or response from him and if you dont get some kind of response, either a ship date or tracking number, in another week (let him know an exact date ) that you will begin the process of getting your money back for non delivery. Keep it profesional sounding and to the point but firm and exact on what you want and what will happen if you dont get it (of course, be reasonable). I've done this before with other places and it works like a charm. If he still does not respond, simply contact paypal and get your money back. The emails you send trying to contact him will work in your favor if it comes down to that. :banana:

• 1 month later...

I am currently getting ripped off by this guy. I ordered one kit and it took a month to show up. I needed one more dual sport kit from him and it took almost two months and a pay pal dispute to get him to finally send it . It took so long I purchased the items from Langston motor sports and Pro cycle. I sent the kit from D.S.A back and he is claiming he didn't receive it . He is pulling a scam because I sent it back with another carrier and not the post office. I do have a confirmation that he signed for it from the carrier though.He came up with the post office info for my credit card dispute ... so they are making me pay for it !It has been four and a half months of dealing with this! Don't trust this guy! He knows how to work the system to rip you off !!! He will not answer the phone or return calls,Emails or letters. Warn everyone about this clown!!!!!

I guess i was one of the few lucky ones. I got what i ordered in about a week. Never had any problems on install so dont know about cust. service. But from the info i read on here itll be my last purchace from this site. I dont like taking a chance with my money. Customer service is more important to me than saving a few bucks

I guess i was one of the few lucky ones. I got what i ordered in about a week. Never had any problems on install so dont know about cust. service. But from the info i read on here itll be my last purchace from this site. I dont like taking a chance with my money. Customer service is more important to me than saving a few bucks

You are very lucky !! What a nightmare. If you do need another dual sport kit and want the same components as D.S.A . Langston motor sports has the lights and Pro Cycle has the wiring harness and horn. Only a few dollars more , but worth it.

• 1 month later...

I agree that owner of dualsportamerica/california dualsport/ dualsport technologies (and what ever other new name he might have to operate under) has a serious attitude problem and I also have emails to prove it. Maybe like so many others, I just caught him on the days he forgot to take his meds. Gald I did not order a kit and wanted to warn others!!!!!