Sign in to follow this  

Just picked up the 09 450, a few question/thoughts

First off, this bike is AMAZING.

The bad stuff though

1. The power band is VERY short, it cuts out really fast. How do I fix it? As cheap as possible ?

2. Is it me or did they make the handle bars shorter ? I feel like my arms are ni a lot more.

And thats it haha. But the power band thing is getting old really fast, I dont shift too often because my feet a HUGE and its always awkward/difficult to shift. It may be an excuse as I havent been trained properly.....regardless, I would love a lengthy powerband.

Thanks !!!

But different rear sprocket on it cheapest fix. If you have more money, remap the efi. Then a procircuit pipe. Then cams.

Yes, the renthal stock bars are short. Sorry, pro tapers are better anyways. lol. Thats an easy fix.

And enjoy the best turning/best handling motocross bike. 👍

But different rear sprocket on it cheapest fix. If you have more money, remap the efi. Then a procircuit pipe. Then cams.

Yes, the renthal stock bars are short. Sorry, pro tapers are better anyways. lol. Thats an easy fix.

And enjoy the best turning/best handling motocross bike. 👍

HA I effin knew the bars were shorter. Why did they do this? To improve handling? If I get longer bars will that effect the handling ?

Do I need a PCV to remap the efi ? PCV cost $300 on ebay

For smaller riders, the bars being shorted some works well but I prefer them normal length.. I'm 6' 200+..

For smaller riders, the bars being shorted some works well but I prefer them normal length.. I'm 6' 200+..

Can I switch out the bars on my 05 RMZ450 ?

Thanks

Yea you should, not sure what that you have on it.. the new bikes I believe come with renthal fatbars.. So check and make sure the bar size is the same or you might need to change the bar mounts...

I run 13-51 gearing and a full fmf 4.1 ti megabomb and the power is perfect.

need to get a bigger shifter for your bigger sized boot if your not shifting as much because of it! look at www.hdmoto.com they make different shift tips for different sized boots