Sign in to follow this  

mrd fitment issue

Thought this was odd. I forgot to take pics with the pass. peg bracket off so you all could see how it lined up, but here is the old bracket and the one I ended up making.

If I lined the mounting hole up in the factory location, the slip joint was only together maybe an inch and it seemed like it would leak a bit. Plus the rear mounting tab wouldn't line up then either. As it is now, I just bolted the rear point to the oem place, and made this bracket to match where the mid point landed.

exhaust2.jpg

exhaust5.jpg

Thought this was odd. I forgot to take pics with the pass. peg bracket off so you all could see how it lined up, but here is the old bracket and the one I ended up making.

If I lined the mounting hole up in the factory location, the slip joint was only together maybe an inch and it seemed like it would leak a bit. Plus the rear mounting tab wouldn't line up then either. As it is now, I just bolted the rear point to the oem place, and made this bracket to match where the mid point landed.

exhaust2.jpg

exhaust5.jpg

did you order the pipe for an E model ?

No, I made sure to tell them an S model when I called. Thats not to say I didn't get one by mistake though. That was actually the first thing I thought of. Its not an issue though since I was able to make it work in the end.

No, I made sure to tell them an S model when I called. Thats not to say I didn't get one by mistake though. That was actually the first thing I thought of. Its not an issue though since I was able to make it work in the end.

this is Dave from mrd , please go to my websit and email me so I know who you are and can clear this up , thanks Dave

I'll do that asap. But like I said, its not a problem to me any more.

I wasn't complaining about the exhaust or anything. Its a beautiful piece and I'm glad I went with it over any other exhaust.

I'll do that asap. But like I said, its not a problem to me any more.

thats cool you could make up the mount 👍 I just want to figure out why it happend and if somone else has a S pipe for his E