Cr 250 Aluminum frame help

I recently bought a mint CR 250 that someone bought and never used. The guy I bought it from for some reason started to use low grain sand paper. I don't know if he was going to polish it or what, but my question is...did he ruin the coating of the frame at all or can I fix this somehow? If you wipe your finger down the frame you get the grey on your finger. I used to own and race a 2001 CR 125 and never had grey come off on my finger. All help and advice will be greatly appreciated! ?

I recently bought a mint CR 250 that someone bought and never used. The guy I bought it from for some reason started to use low grain sand paper. I don't know if he was going to polish it or what, but my question is...did he ruin the coating of the frame at all or can I fix this somehow? If you wipe your finger down the frame you get the grey on your finger. I used to own and race a 2001 CR 125 and never had grey come off on my finger. All help and advice will be greatly appreciated! ?

A Mr. Clean Magic Eraser cleans that stuff right off and leaves the frame looking great. Try it out.?

none of my aluminum frame honda ever have had any coating on them (just bare aluminum) that is with 3 crf450's and 2 cr250's. the one I bought used was polished and I used a wire brush to bring it back to a closer to factory brushed look.. Came out real nice..

IMG00248-20100314-1708.jpg

none of my aluminum frame honda ever have had any coating on them (just bare aluminum) that is with 3 crf450's and 2 cr250's. the one I bought used was polished and I used a wire brush to bring it back to a closer to factory brushed look.. Came out real nice..

IMG00248-20100314-1708.jpg

So there isn't a clear or anything on the frame?

^^^^^

Yes the aluminum frames come from the factory with a clear coating. I polished one of mine and I wouldn't recommend it. You get the the black oxidation on your boots, pants, etc. WD 40 will take it off of your number plates quickly but it's a real pain in the the butt to have to do this between each practice session and each moto. I hated that, I always had other things to do. The best coating that I ever found to put back over the frame is resin for working with fiberglass. It dries very hard and clear and is much more durable than polyurathane.

Again the factory honda frames don't have any coatings on them.. Ask anyone who does a cr500af swap like myself or anyone on cr500riders.com or bannedcr500riders.com..

You would be able to tell without a doubt while welding on them...

Heres my build thread.. Zero coating of any kind as with any of my aluminum frame hondas

http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=8517

Again the factory honda frames don't have any coatings on them.. Ask anyone who does a cr500af swap like myself or anyone on cr500riders.com or bannedcr500riders.com..

Heres my build thread.. Zero coating of any kind as with any of my aluminum frame hondas

^^^What he said^^^

^^^What he said^^^

X3.... I've owned 6 aluminum frame Hondas & none of them had a coating on the frame from the factory.

My '01 had something on it. Spray with EZ-Off and it'll eat through it and you can wipe it off w/o hurting the metal. It'll be black looking. Then you can sand smooth very easily. I think you'd be sanding for a long time without using EZ-Off.

my frame is sooo polished you can see your face, was wandering if its a good idea to put some kind of coating to seal the metal? If so what to use,personally I was the bike so often I really have no problem using mothers for that wholy crap its shiny look.

my frame is sooo polished you can see your face, was wandering if its a good idea to put some kind of coating to seal the metal? If so what to use,personally I was the bike so often I really have no problem using mothers for that wholy crap its shiny look.

yeah once you coat it with something it dulls it out. You'll never get that kind of shine after that.

Im not doubting anyone here because i have never owned an aluminium frame but i know that working on a ladder with your legs rubbing on the steps you end up with the same gray stuff your talking about all over your calves etc.. So do you guys get that stuff on the inside of your boots etc from them rubbing on the frames?