the 03+ kx 125's vs. the 02- kx 125's !!!

well long story short i broke my back on my 07 cr125 on labor day of 09'. i just sold the bike today (parents made me). I didnt like how tall the seat height was on my cr but my cousin has an 01 kx 125 that feels shorter than my bike and i love it. the power is way more manageably (aka way slower) but it suits me better because im only a begginer/intermediate (somewhere inbetween). so i was wondering if they 03+ still retain the smaller feel of the 02 and under bikes and basically how they compare overall. SORRY for the long writeup thanks!!!!

I'm still trying to figure out how going from one 125cc to another 125cc is gonna make it more safe? Maybe going down to a 85cc or 100cc I could see maybe. But if your gonna do things that are a high risk the size bike really doesn't matter. your gonna do what you are gonna do either on an 85,100,125,250,500. They are all bikes that need to be respected the same.

I'm still trying to figure out how going from one 125cc to another 125cc is gonna make it more safe? Maybe going down to a 85cc or 100cc I could see maybe. But if your gonna do things that are a high risk the size bike really doesn't matter. your gonna do what you are gonna do either on an 85,100,125,250,500.

haha im not looking to be any more safe. im almost 18 and plan on buying my own bike this time and want to get another 125. i like my cousins bike so that is why im inquiring about the kx 125's. any more info on these kx125's and how they compare to the older gen.? thanks again

• 11 months later...

I just picked up a 2004 kx-125 for $1200,fits me and im 5'9 and has moderate toqueand a really hard hitting power band,go with the 03 and up,caution though the ones after 05 were renvented,never rode one but have CHANGES i thought thet stop making them.I would go with a 03 04 05.Hows the back doin?

I too broke my back in august of 09. Miserable process. I'm almost 100 percent positive 05 was the alst year for the 125. I think 07 for the 250's. I just picked up an 05 as a spare bike, going to be breaking it in tomorrow at the track. Will let ya know what i think. And just to throw my two cents in i've always heard the cr's are the DOGS of the 125 class, lowest in power.