2007 husaberg fe 550

Hi, I am looking at buying a 2007 husaberg fe550. It sounds like it is in really good shape. it has a street legal kit on it and has 8000kms. Does anyone know how many kms these bikes are good for? 8000 sound like alot to me. Any feed back would be much appreciated. Thanks , cory

I have the same bike with about 2500kms on it. If the oil is changed frequently, and valves checked I would think it would be ok. Once you start riding the 550 it doesn't take long to rack up the miles and smiles!!!

The bearings are better from 2007 on from my research. I don't flog mine as I have another bike for that. I enjoy the 550 for light trail work, gravel roads and riding to work..

It's a fun bike,, you won't regret if you buy it.

The bike bike has 196 hours on it. it looks like it is in real good shape. the motor was apart at 180hours and had the bearings and valves and required componets done that are required to be done at the 180 mark. thanks for the replies, cory

• 4 months later...

Let me know how you go mate. I wanna get the FE570 or FE650. I have an '09 DRZ400E' at the moment and I flog the absolute living bjesus out of it. Im actually surprised its still in one piece. Im hoping the 570 or 650 will hold upto the repeated punnishment. LOL. I just need something lighter for the core enduro I do. The DRZ holds up, but its too heavy for the technical air's and whips as well as the hair-pins, and the suspension is terrible.

I ended up buying the bike, I have put about 2000km on it so far. It is all I could have asked for and more! I would recommend husaberg to anyone they are quality bikes with tuns of power! I cant think of one thing I dont like about this bike it is quality front to back. I ride anywhere from open road to tight technical single track.