Hour Meter Mounting

i have a 250F but that doesnt really matter for this. I have mine siliconed to the head of the frame like on the steering colum i guess. Not sure what to call that part of the frame. But that way i can always see how many hours are on it.

Mines mounted under the seat and on the top of the fender. Its out of the way and I can check the hours when I swap the air filter. 👍

This would be my favorite spot. It is totally out of the way, and if it falls off its mount, where can it go? Right in the air box. Since I swap the filter out after every ride day, I'd be able to see it plenty often enough.

This would be my favorite spot. It is totally out of the way, and if it falls off its mount, where can it go? Right in the air box. Since I swap the filter out after every ride day, I'd be able to see it plenty often enough.

Thats what I was thinking... Its out of the way, I can read it when I swap filters, and its clear of the power washer.

I have mine mounted on the frame above the throttle cables and in front of the gas tank. I used two-sided 3m tape from Target.

I have mine in the same place, but I used the double sided tape that came with the DR.D and I caulked some clear silicone around the base. If it falls off (which I don't think it will) I will go under the seat.

I've got mine mounted in the same spot as I'd had it on my CRF, on the steering stem with 3M double sided tape. After 170 hours of ride time I'd never had it fall off or had any issues with a pressure washer.

I like to use it to keep track of how much time I've put on the bike during any given ride/race day (a good day at the track for me is 2 hours), I personally wouldn't want to have to remove the seat every time I wanted to look at it. But, that's what so great about not living in a communist society - you can do what ever the hell you feel like doing... within reason of course.

I have mine mounted on the frame above the throttle cables and in front of the gas tank. I used two-sided 3m tape from Target.

I use that same spot. Out sight so I don't keep looking at it while riding but easy enough to see when you need it.

I have mine mounted in the same spot as well with the same tape. I like to get a general idea of how long I've been riding with a quick glance. I don't pressure wash my bikes, so I don't have to worry about water pressure taking it off. I also took up all the slack in the wire so that if it does ever fall off it will only fall about an inch, and out of the way of anything that could harm it.