Sign in to follow this  

650 strait pipe

Not on purpose. I started it without thinking when I was doing the muffler swap.

Yes. It's really F###ing LOUD! Our dog was in the garage at that moment and literally pissed itself.

Yeah. It's similar to hooking up a 132dB Stebel horn straight to a battery to hear what it's like.

And having to go and change your undies after.

my exhaust fell off when i was riding hard in a field.

it was like thump thump thump ... BRAAAAP BRAAAAAAAP BRAAAAAP!!! I could feel more ponies

I immediately shut my engine off cause I didn't want to burn my valves.

If I take out the FMF S/A (with tube till attached),it's louder.I had it mickey moused at the header to mid pipe,when that popped loose it let you know about it

4.jpg

2.jpg

anyone ever run their dr 650 with no muffler just to see what it would sound like?

I did this one afternoon a few months ago...I had a TB midpipe that was just laying around, so I swapped it out with my TB midpipe/GSXR combo...sounded AWESOME...little tinny in the midrange, kinda like a fartcan on one of those souped up "racecars" you see these days that are all the rage, but once you were in the cruising range, actually didn't sound too bad..I am running a very rich TM 40 on mine, so wasn't worried about valve damage..I was actually thinking of having a longer portion of pipe fitted onto the midpipe to reach to the back of the fender and to tune down the db's a little...have to say it is LOUD...I even had Harley guys wondering *** I was riding..👍, but all in all...sounded pretty sweet...

Funny thing is, I think it runs worse with an open pipe. I have an old Supertrapp with the discs, and running without discs and endplate doesn't work all that well. All the low end torque disappeared.

Randy