Need Recommendation FMF Q4 or FMF Power Core 4

I have the PowerCore 4 on my Wr250R. It's quite a bit louder than the Q4 but I wouldn't say it's too loud. Its definitely NOT as loud as the Yoshimura on my friends WR/R or the Two Brother's on another buddies KLX250sf. I bought the Powercore because I like to hear my bike roar when I get all over it. Also, with the right technique I can still creep through my neighborhood at night without pissing anyone off. 👍

As much as I like it loud. The truth is riding areas and riding in general are threatened and loud bikes don't do anything but give people a reason to complain. The Q4 is a great pipe. You get more power and a great tone while keeping it tree hugger friendly.

I'm considering purchasing the Quiet Core insert for my Powercore 4

• 2 months later...

I just ordered the powercore Q4 muffler AND the quiet insert today, so I will run it both ways and add comments here. I live in the city in a quiet neighborhood and think I will use the insert a lot. If it does not rob power, I anticipate using it all the time.

You bought just the Powercore. Powercore and the Q4 are two totally different pipes. 🙂

I am not agruing and see the point you were making, but I thought the only difference was the Q4 has the quiet insert. That is, the Q4 is just the PC with a quiet insert, and are identical otherwise.

Correct me if I am wrong, I am not 100% sure either way.

Just to add my 2 cents for the OP, I have the Q4 and it sounds much louder than the stock when on the bike. I was nervous when I first installed it, but I told a friend to ride it around, and it is not loud at all when you are not the one riding it.

I went with the FMF Q4 and mega-bomb header pipe combination and the bike is louder than stock, but not offensive. When your not in the power-band it seems relatively quiet. I don't find my ears ringing after a long ride either. It is definitely quieter than my Road Star with VH straights. I need to measure it with a db meter to get a good comparison.