Sign in to follow this  

RB Designs

Wow just got it put back together. Not that it was hard to start before but i mean 1 prod and off she goes, havent done a whole lot of riding yet getting hit with winter again as i type but went for a quick ride and it sure does seem a lot more responsive. just ordered a GPR V4 today looking forward to that aswell.

you bet, got the wing insert put in as well too.

Ya its a good mod for sure. Let me know if you need help jetting, Ive got that shit ironed out! Also try retarding your timing 2 degrees, it will make a overall larger power band.

Thanks Hollywood think i got it running pretty good, but appreciate any info you could pass.

YZ Year: 2006

YZ engine size:250

Carb mods(PowerNow, Wings, JDJetting, ect..): JD RB wing

Air Filter (stock?)Twin Air

Main jet: 172

Pilot Jet: 45

Needle model/Clip position: JD RED 3rd

Air screw:1 1/4

Altitude where you ride: 2000-5000

Reeds: VFORCE

Pipe/silencer:FMF GNARLY W/SHORTY

Head mod:RB

Other mods(FWW, ect.):

Type of fuel:50/50 C12 & PREMIUM

Type of Premix/Ratio:MOTUL800 38:1

Type of Trans oil:QUAKER STATE 15/40

Type of riding(MX, trails/technical, desert ect):TRAILS

Where in the powerband do you ride (Lugger/Bottom End, or Wide Open - Top End): ALL OVER

Rear Tire:MICHELIN MX3

Gearing (sprokets):STOCK

Degree of satisfaction: VERY

And finally: how much spooge 1) none, 2) little, 3) medium, 4) lots:2

2300' to 5000'

I'm fortunate to be in the same town as RB Designs. I had the good pleasure of meeting and talking with him for a while. Rob is good people no question and after being in his shop and listening to what he has to say you end up being very confident in his abilities and knowledge. The Head Mod is a great one, get er done.

Thanks Hollywood think i got it running pretty good, but appreciate any info you could pass.

YZ Year: 2006

YZ engine size:250

Carb mods(PowerNow, Wings, JDJetting, ect..): JD RB wing

Air Filter (stock?)Twin Air

Main jet: 172

Pilot Jet: 45

Needle model/Clip position: JD RED 3rd

Air screw:1 1/4

Altitude where you ride: 2000-5000

Reeds: VFORCE

Pipe/silencer:FMF GNARLY W/SHORTY

Head mod:RB

Other mods(FWW, ect.):

Type of fuel:50/50 C12 & PREMIUM

Type of Premix/Ratio:MOTUL800 38:1

Type of Trans oil:QUAKER STATE 15/40

Type of riding(MX, trails/technical, desert ect):TRAILS

Where in the powerband do you ride (Lugger/Bottom End, or Wide Open - Top End): ALL OVER

Rear Tire:MICHELIN MX3

Gearing (sprokets):STOCK

Degree of satisfaction: VERY

And finally: how much spooge 1) none, 2) little, 3) medium, 4) lots:2

2300' to 5000'

Your probly rich actually.. Hows the plug looking? For warmer temps say 15-25, try a 165, clip2, 42 pilot. I'm running 40:1, 160m, 42p, EK clip2, #6 leaner slide in say 20-30 deg, but for below 20 I use a 165 and keep the rest. Above 30 I need to drop the pilot to a 40.

How much are you paying for your C12 and where?

Your probly rich actually.. Hows the plug looking? For warmer temps say 15-25, try a 165, clip2, 42 pilot. I'm running 40:1, 160m, 42p, EK clip2, #6 leaner slide in say 20-30 deg, but for below 20 I use a 165 and keep the rest. Above 30 I need to drop the pilot to a 40.

How much are you paying for your C12 and where?

Wouldn't the #6 slide be richer?👍

Plug actually looks really good, couple shades darker than a paperbag which i am comfortable with. As far as the C12 pick it up from the local dealership I believe $90 for 20 litres yikes $4.50 per litre. guess thats not to far off what we pay for regular gas in this glorious republic of Alberta lol.

Plug actually looks really good, couple shades darker than a paperbag which i am comfortable with. As far as the C12 pick it up from the local dealership I believe $90 for 20 litres yikes $4.50 per litre. guess thats not to far off what we pay for regular gas in this glorious republic of Alberta lol.

There is much room for comfort! lol. Especially with race gas.

90! wheres that? Where I looked it was 109!!