Gasoline and graphics and plastics

I am putting new graphics on my 06 yz250 and want to make sure the tank ones don't get yellow. I am also installing a white fender and gas always runs through my tank breather (anyone know how to fix this?) and onto the fender. What is the best way to keep it from yellowing if any?

For the tank....drain all the fuel out of it, and let it sit at least overnight with the cap off. This will allow vapors to leave the tank. The plastic used is porous, which is what causes tank graphics to bubble or white to turn yellow sometimes.

This should allow your new graphics to stick just fine, and for no yellowing to occur.

Also, many graphic companies recommend allowing the new graphics to sit on the plastic for 24 hours or so before riding, so they can properly adhere. Ive seen brand new graphics come right off because the person installed the graphics the night right before a ride or race.

I have tried those things, then i get fuel all over the seat and my pants. Has anybody tried a different gas cap, maybe those hoseless gas caps?

You must have got a bad one, They have a one way Valve... I've had mine for 2 years never had a problem.....Just had to glue it to the cap so it didn't fall off.

I have tried those things, then i get fuel all over the seat and my pants. Has anybody tried a different gas cap, maybe those hoseless gas caps?

I had one for a long time and never had a problem, then I went on a ride where I needed to top off my tank, I usually only fill up to an inch or two below the cap, and the fuel went every where. Their supposed to have a check valve, but it didn't work. That was the last time I let that happen, I put the stock hose back on.

My '09 YZ450 is the LE white and I haven't noticed my fender yellowing, but I do see what could be a little bit of fuel behind the lower clamp. We'll see if it becomes a problem.

The vent hose on my bike right now had a check valve on it. It fell off a few days ago and haven't got a new one yet so now fuel gets all over the tank and front of the seat. A little stub vent hose isn't going to fix it, i believe its maybe because the tank is so thin on these yz's

Look for graphics that dont have white on it and find a set that uses nothing on the tank. I have never seen white graphics not turn yellow if its on a fuel tank. And I have had plenty of trouble avoiding bubbles on plastic fuel tanks so have given up on any graphics on the tanks. As for your fender hose drain, just a though, drill a hole in the fender at the bottom of the steering stem, then when you bold on your front fender, put an oring in it, then it will allow gas to just run out under the fender. But you will need to keep it clear of mud from time to time.