Sign in to follow this  

Carb help

I am a girl:blush: and have a carb that I need to clean on my DRZ 125L. I think I understand the concept. I have been told to clean off the outside of the carb so that when I open it up dirt wont fall into the thing and damage it. SO I did that. Then I removed the screws and tried to separate the bowl from the rest and I can't get them separated:doh:, is there some trick I don't know or is it just that I am not strong enough to get them split apart:cry:?

Any Help you can give me will be appreciated.👍:worthy:

Carb cleaning pictorial: http://articles.superhunkyforum.com/4/21

As far as the bowl goes, accept the fact that you may ruin the bowl gasket, they're not very expensive. Use a thin flat head screw driver wedged between the bowl lip and the carb body and pry it apart. You'll likely need to do one edge, then move to the opposite side and teeter-totter it apart.

If you're really careful, you can do this without ripping the gasket, but for someone who's never done it before, just expect to spend the $3 on a new one, it will probably be in stock at the dealer.

Try giving the float bowl a tap or two with the screw driver handle should pop lose.

Thank you to all for suggestions. I ended up putting it in a ziplock bag and taking it to somebody and the reaction of being sealed in the bag must have freed up the seal. It popped right off when I got to my destination.

Stopped at the shop and got a gasket today, the old one had a break in it which was probably why I was having issues with water getting in my carb. Now I am set to clean it up.

I was successful in cleaning the carb tonight. Thank you all for your suggestions.

Edited by JoannP
spelling