My Case Half In OVEN?(bearings kx125)

iv been thinking about using my oven for bearings be nice if i could get a few tips on that, will my food taste funny after(Seriously??) how long once its set to about 200? light goes off saying its at 200f how long do i leave in? i obviously wont be able to touch it with hand but thats all i could really think about it, what a few mins?, is it the better option than torch?, i thought torch was hard, before i talk about that lemme say, i heated up case for awhile couldnt touch it on that side i heated it up on, but i came out to shed heated it up for 5 min or osmething iunno maybe less it was damn hot tho, cases are outside in shed u can see ur breathe its pretty cold but i swear i thought i had it bearings sat beside me for few mins did they loose there freeze like ahhh i SWEAR IT WAS HOT ENOUGH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH im ready to start crying this is shitty , really pissed me off when i couldnt get it to work, even lil bearing i tried on the right side, could only get it half way, tried doing mains for a change

i had to give it a bit of force to get it out(1 of mains) cause it wasnt in good enough, barely went in, that pissed me off hopefully i didnt wreck that one bearing , really bummed out right now i thought i was ok about the whole thing u know me learning and all, but shit now its pissing me off i so thought i was gonna be able to do it i bought the damn torch but ahh enough crying, lets see if WE can get this done.

??

well i tried using torch, bearing in freezer for 3-4 hours, then heating up case for a while till water just barely boiled bla bla, couldnt seem to get bearing in, maybe wasnt hot enough, maybe bearing wasnt cold enough, gonna leave it in freezer for twice the amount, or half a day more like...over night and some we'll see if that does the trick iunno any tips guys?

whats the deal with the oven? how bad is that for ya?(lol) how long should i leave it in for, is it even the better option, i saw most ppl on youtube use torch(yeah yeah i know dont use it for a bible but shit i aint got much else manual says press)..

thanks for reading as always guys im almost ready to seal this motor up, after messing with these bearings, i think ill pay the 35 to have crank froze and bearing heated or whatever the mech.. does... i thought this part was gonna be easy maybe im just REALLY sucking at it..

throw some quick replys up guys ill be watching this thread like a hawk

Where are you applying the heat? Don't get impatient and stop after a short time thinking it has to be hot enough. Set a timer if you are an impatient person. I always use a propane torch and the freezer for bearings and cranks. I never use the oven. Sometimes you do still have to tap the bearings in place. Have a socket handy that matches the outside diameter of the bearing to use as a"driver".

torch is a sorry alternative to the oven in this case, because it is impossible to heat it evenly. When you heat the area around the bearing seat with a torch while the rest of the case remains cool, warping is a very real possibility. The oven is safer since everything heats and cools evenly. 200 degrees is not hot enough to damage seals/bearings/ or anything else so don't worry about that.

15 or 20 minutes at 200 degrees should be sufficient, but have the bearings wrapped tightly in plastic and left in the freezer overnight before you heat the cases.

yeah i might have wrecked one of the smaller bearings i have tell me what uguys think..

i wasnt thinking was in a rush, i used a socket that was on the inner race of bearing, and i was hitting it with a hammer in, it does still spin might sound a lil different tho i cant tell...

should i replace it? i could but i didnt wanna it still spins fine..

got mains in fine tho...

just worried about the smaller bearing that connects to tranny there..

i knew to use a bigger socket to fit the OUTSIDE of the bearing.. just wasnt thinking plz dont get mad at me ?...

lol be back later today

got mains in fine tho...

just worried about the smaller bearing that connects to tranny there..

i knew to use a bigger socket to fit the OUTSIDE of the bearing.. just wasnt thinking plz dont get mad at me ?...

lol be back later today

i would replace the breaing, one axial shock load from a hammer can ruin a ball bearing, your gambling $15 for ....

would i be able to get a quality bearing from somewhere around like a bearing dealer..

i would order it from somewhere but last time i orderd i got a extra 20 dollar shipping and that hurt at the time lol...

maybe a bike store will have it, your tottaly right i know better...

?

wish i could add it to my order i already made a few days ago....from kawasaki

would i be able to get a quality bearing from somewhere around like a bearing dealer..

i would order it from somewhere but last time i orderd i got a extra 20 dollar shipping and that hurt at the time lol...

maybe a bike store will have it, your tottaly right i know better...

?

wish i could add it to my order i already made a few days ago....from kawasaki

yea ive had good luck getting those from the bearing warehouses.