A deal to good to be true?

Ok guys I was just browsing craigslist the other night and ran across a 2004 Dodge 1500 4x4 for $3980. It has a 5.7 liter Hemi. Its lifted on 22's. 35 inch tires. 72,000 miles. He also says it has a title. Says he is in the Air Force and is stationed in Alaska. The truck is also in Alaska. What do u guys thing? To good to be true? And what do u thing getting the truck shipped to washington would be? Pictures or the truck http://s860.photobucket.com/albums/ab164/my2004dodgeram1500/

Maybe it has a salvage title? But even then it wouldnt be to cheap...I feel like that same truck was on my craigslist for regular price a few months back (but it was probably just similar and not the same truck). I would be skeptical though because thats a steal, and its a long distance transaction which is a little sketchy, as in you send the money and never see the truck. There has to be a catch for that price.

Total scam. I was looking at a motorhome and the guy was in the Air Force stationed in Hawaii. Look at the spelling and see if there is a phone number. Not usually with a scam. He will also ask for bank routing info. Run away fast.

Total scam. I was looking at a motorhome and the guy was in the Air Force stationed in Hawaii. Look at the spelling and see if there is a phone number. Not usually with a scam. He will also ask for bank routing info. Run away fast.

Agreed^^^^ Email him and tell him that, coincidently, you will be in Alaska in a couple of days on business and that you would like to see the truck in person. Let us know what his answer is. My bet is that the truck is in storage someplace else. ?

He emailed me back and said that he will ship it via air force cargo plane and i could either pick it up there or he can get it to my house. He said he would like to do the deal through ebay.
Have you ever delt with the military? There is no fricken way he will be able to ship it on a military transport. Maybe a motorcycle, but not a truck. Ask for his COs (commanding officer) name and number for safety sake and call him up. You know this is a scam and should be reported to craigslist and to Ebay.

Ok guys I was just browsing craigslist the other night and ran across a 2004 Dodge 1500 4x4 for $3980. It has a 5.7 liter Hemi. Its lifted on 22's. 35 inch tires. 72,000 miles. He also says it has a title. Says he is in the Air Force and is stationed in Alaska. The truck is also in Alaska. What do u guys thing? To good to be true? And what do u thing getting the truck shipped to washington would be? Pictures or the truck http://s860.photobucket.com/albums/ab164/my2004dodgeram1500/

Sign #1 of a scam-vehicles (and just about everything else) costs more in Alaska, due to it all having to be shipped in.

If the truck is legit, he'd get a premium price above and beyond what it's market value is in WA state.

He emailed me back and said that he will ship it via air force cargo plane and i could either pick it up there or he can get it to my house. He said he would like to do the deal through ebay.

Sign #2 of a scam-NOTHING civilian goes in a military cargo plane. NOTHING.

No load master would risk their rank and freedom for it.

It's a scam. Trust everyone here. The same exact thing happens all the time. I almost fell for one myself for an '03 Ford F150 decked out much like that Dodge. Once you almost fall for one, you'll laugh at how easy the scams are to pick out among the real ads ?

Just like everyone has already said, that's a classic craigslist scam. Here in AZ, craigslist is incredibly popular, and postings like that don't hold up for more than 30 min before it's flagged a zillion times and pulled. Everybody has heard the saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".

Thats exactly what ive been thinking the whole time. He told me he needed it for personal reasons. His sister is in the hospital and needs the money. If that was true he would need more that 4 grand. I asked for his phone number and the phone number of his co and we will see if he emails back. I knew it was a scam i just wanted to see what y'all thought.