Sign in to follow this  

2005 KX250 Clutch Problem

Last night I was installing my new stelthy FWW when I hit a snag. The clutch release (Part 13102 in the picture below) is hitting the flywheel weight. It seems like the arm is sticking out about a 1/4" to the front of the bike but I wiggled it back and forth along with the push rod and it wouldn't go into the case any further. Is this normal? Should that arm be able to slide in out or is there something that should it be holding it in place? A friend of mine has an 07 kx250 (suppose to be identical just about) and he didn't have an issue. I will try and get pictures later today.

KX2502005CLUTCH.gif

Also, I am putting a hydraulic clutch on and does the cylinder just sit in the hole in the case? Doesn't seem like it sits in the hole right or would seal properly.

Thanks for your help.

I have the FWW and had to bend the arm slighlty on the flywheel side as it rubbed the weight,, that was all. The rod was not the problem in that case tho.

I also have a Magura clutch installed and yes the cylinder only sits outside as the actuating rod goes down through hole.. I find it sloppy and no seal is correct. I don't find it much better than stock and may switch back.

Thanks for the reply. Do you remember if the arm slid in and out of the case? Mine does and it doesn't seem right.

Thanks for the reply. Do you remember if the arm slid in and out of the case? Mine does and it doesn't seem right.

yes they are just held in by being assembled, not held captive by a fastener, kinda screwy but thats how they do it on most clutch arms