new here air box question

this is my first time here new to the site. I was thinking about opening up the air box 3x3 wondering which kit to buy to redo the carb, and also has anyone ever had any problems going thru deep water or mud holes after the modification that sucked in water due to the new hole in the air box thanks

The JD kit comes with good instructions, two needles, good range of main jets, extra 25 pilot jet, and 4 new float bowl screws (the stock ones are soft and you will likely mess them up getting them out). You might want to think about getting the Kientech extended fuel screw also. Make sure the hole is 3x3 as that will be the basis for 99% of the jetting advice in this forum. A good way to do it is by heating a 3 inch wide putty knife with a torch and pushing it into the plastic.

Edited by npm
correct manufacturer of fuel screw

If all your plastic is on and in good shape you won't see any difference in splashed water getting in the air box. I'm assuming you'll cut the top of the box and are not talking about cutting the side of the box.

there is a drain hole located in the bottom of the airbox to drain out water.remove it before fording thru so it won't build up.that way you won't forget if it should ever happen along the trail.