Sign in to follow this  

How to strap my bike into the bed of my truck

i've previously just used a tie down on the front bars with the front forks compressed...

I want an alternative to compressing the front forks.

I don't like the thought of compressing my forks in the truck bed for sometimes, several hours worth of driving

how else can I strap my bike into the truck bed without compressing my suspension.

What have you all built or bought for this?

thanks

ahh this got me as well at first

i measured the distance between the front tire to the inside of the front fender

then cut a suitable thickness piece of wood to that size

done!

once you start tightnening the strap, it locks down sort of and catches on the knobs

i've never had it slip out while driving and transporting

compressing the forks won't hurt a thing, just don't ratchet it down till it bottoms them, i tie mine down the night before, and its tied down for 12 hrs or more sometimes, w/ no problems at all. just saying thats all.

i measured the distance between the front tire to the inside of the front fender

done!

once you start tightnening the strap, it locks down sort of and catches on the knobs

+1 this is all you need!

If you have a short bed truck you can angle it in as well and put the wheel in the corner and tie to 1 rear and 1 front corner and put the tailgate up against the rear tire. It puts no pressure on the forks and the bike can almost rock a little works good.

if you are hauling one bike it is simple...... park the bike with the front wheel in the left corner behind cab and the rear wheel in the right corner by or on tailgate then fasten the left handle bar strap near the left side of the tail gate and the right handle bar strap in the right corner of the bed behind the cab. this will leave your suspension fully unsprung. also if you turn the bars fully to the left and place rear tire tight against the bed rail it makes for a more stable tie job. or what crusher said

done!

exactly what i did! works great:thumbsup: