No Dez for Bikedude this year..

Well, a compilation of ridiculous bad luck, poor health and lack of motivation are going to keep me from competing the Dez 100 in Odessa.. Between spending well over a grand (at this point) to get my bike back together, (still apart BTW) and being unable to breath for a week due to some lung infuction, I just dont have the motivation to even attempt a 3-1/2 race.... ๐Ÿ™‚ Im bummin pretty bad.. But, on the brighter side, Im going to take the XR 650 out there and do some sweet dual sportin !!! ๐Ÿคฃ So it wont be a total waste I guess..

Not that anyone cares, but I needed to vent a little... ๐Ÿ‘

I care and that's sad. But at least you get to D/S it. ๐Ÿ‘

๐Ÿคฃ

Odessa is just too far away. ๐Ÿ™‚

That and the airlift my cousin recv'd has put that event off my calender. :applause:

Thats my other thing... Besides the sweet trophies Ive gotten, Ive left that place with scars, bumps, bruises, concussions, separations, breaks and sprains... So, being that Im sick and cant hardly get to the kitchen without wheezing, probably a good idea to sit out this one..

My motto has been, "Next Year" every year now... :jawdrop:

I've not done the 100 at Odessa, but have participated when it was at Vantage, 1st yr 35th overall and 5th Vet, next year dnf with destroyed rear tire and the last year with a broken back. It's just too early in the year for an old guy to get in racing shape. Our gyro's need alittle more time to adjust than what they used to. Besides that the bb set me back a little over 3 mos in riding time, not worth it. I'm impressed that you have come home with hardware from that race, there are some fast guys & gals out there!

• Like 1

I feel your pain, I have a bum wing that will keep me off my bike for at least 2 more months. I have been staying busy putzing around on my vintage build and playing internet forum defender....lol

Did the postman come?

yessir. I also recieved package "c". they left me a note on tuesday, but I was not able to get there till today. so I picked up the goods from you and a junk jug/head soon to be a 300. thanks for the quick shipping.

I've not done the 100 at Odessa, but have participated when it was at Vantage, 1st yr 35th overall and 5th Vet, next year dnf with destroyed rear tire and the last year with a broken back. It's just too early in the year for an old guy to get in racing shape. Our gyro's need alittle more time to adjust than what they used to. Besides that the bb set me back a little over 3 mos in riding time, not worth it. I'm impressed that you have come home with hardware from that race, there are some fast guys & gals out there!

Same type of luck for me... Did my best the first year I participated, on bone stock YZ250 suspension ๐Ÿคฃ 3rd in class, 22 O/A... Havent bettered that score yet ๐Ÿ‘ Some bad luck has held me off the podium, but every year has been a top ten in class, so.... I suppose I shouldnt complain.. Just that you wait a whole year to "redeem yourself" so to speak.. And then, let down.. Damn