03 KTM 525 EXC jetting

Welcome.

I'm thinking: It's an 03, unless someone recently messed with the jetting or made a radical change to the bikes setup, the bike has run for 6-7 years what changed?

My opinion, you either have a plugged pilot jet (#45 + or -) or possibly the accelerator pump is not primed with fuel. Jetting doesn't go bad sitting around and even stock jetting runs way better than you describe. There is something else going on here.

Bruce

the jetting was messed within the past, but the bike was running. The bike has been sitting for about 2yrs. Everything looks good ( no clogs ),I was thinking about changing out the jet, piolet and needle. how do i prime the accelerator pump. I'm fustrated and dont know where to start

If it has been sitting for 2 years, chances are you got some "varnish"in the passages from the old gas. I'd take the carb out and soak it for a day or 2 in solvent, blow it all out with compressed air and re-assemble and go from there.

Are the valves in proper adjustment? After a 2 year sit up, I would go through the bike thoroughly. Is the air filter clean? Check the airbox/boots for leaks. If the bike is that old and has sat up, the airboot could be leaking air.

Go back to stock jetting if you can and start from there, or atleast see what is in there. If you do make changes, make individual changes 1 at a time, don't change the needle and the main or pilot all at once, you will make getting it dialed in harder as when you change multiple things, it is hard to see the individual effects of each change in the circuit in the carb.

the jetting was messed within the past, but the bike was running. The bike has been sitting for about 2yrs. Everything looks good ( no clogs ),I was thinking about changing out the jet, pilot and needle. how do i prime the accelerator pump. I'm fustrated and dont know where to start

I would:

1) Drain all old gas from tank and carb.

2) Fill carb float bowel with carb cleaner (Gumout) and let sit 24 hours then drain

3) Put fresh gas in tank & test

If that fails:

Remove the pilot & main jets and clean with spray-can Gumout and/or replace pilot with the same size. The openings in a pilot jet are so small it can be hard to see and clean a full or partial blockage. You can also chase the jets holes with a soft fiber rod like a fiber from a nylon brush or strand from copper electrical wire.

If that fails and you have the skills:

Remove and disassemble carb for a through cleaning.

The AC pump if dry will prime itself with use. 1-5 minuets of riding should work all the air out.

Again, not sure I would be looking for different jets just yet unless you know it ran poorly for the PO & have looked to see what is already installed.

Bruce