2009 vs 2010 250xcw??

I am looking at purchasing a new 250. I am a two stroke guy for sure. I have always purchased the motocrosser and converted it over buy spending $2000.00or so on dialing in the bike to my liking. I have heard there is a much better suspension on the newer bikes. My question is, are the suspensions on the 09 the same as the 10, or is the 10 the better suspension? Any other differences would be nice to know between the years as well.

As far as I know they didn't change anything between 09 and 10. I've owned/ridden them both and never noticed any difference. If the spring rate is good for you the suspension is almost perfect stock... I do prefer the cartridge forks on the 250/300 XC over the oil bath forks on the XCW though...

i did not know that there was a difference in the forks(xc vs xcw). good to know, i do prefer the cartridge to the oil bath in my experience as well.

As for the shock. I have heard that there suspension has become better over the years. I have heard rumors that its really really good as of late. I just did not know how late?

• 1 month later...
i did not know that there was a difference in the forks(xc vs xcw). good to know, i do prefer the cartridge to the oil bath in my experience as well.

As for the shock. I have heard that there suspension has become better over the years. I have heard rumors that its really really good as of late. I just did not know how late?

Coming off of the YZ, the XC's power will be closer to what you want too. Although you will probably want to get the head shaved to make it more YZ like.

This is from KTM Web site on the changes for the 2010

"- frame was redesigned with a steeper steering head angle for easier cornering and a better feeling in the front end

- new suspension valuing and PDS needle design to provide damping slightly earlier in the suspension stroke for a more progressive feel "