Sign in to follow this  

Another Piston Size Question - "B" Piston in a "C" Cylinder?

When I did a top end on my 05 YZ250 last summer I ordered a piston kit from NCY and put a "D" piston in my "C" cylinder (cylinder is in great shape and spec measurements).

I decided to give TTalk a try and ordered a piston kit from them. I even sent them an email specifically requesting a "D" piston. Sure enough I was sent a "B" piston (and TT's kit doesn't come with the top end gasket kit either). 👍

I've read past discussions on this topic: I know the measurements are so minimal anyway. But should I send the thing back and request a "D" and/or just get my money back and go with the NCY kit? Or would running the "B" piston be alright?

Thanks guys.

I ran a b in my cylinder and it was noisy and slapped, personally i would only run a c or d in your c cylinder. I always the oem d or the largest size in aftermarket brand if available.

Thanks. I'll just send it back or see if the local guys would swap it out.

Refresh me here....How do you know what cylinder you have? I did a top end this last Fall and I don't recall anything about A,B,C,D cylinders....

Mines washed off but was told if you have a worn bore you should use the larger to stop piston slap etc...