xr650 tires

after running through my 90%off 10%on tire in a couple months, its time for a new tire, and I cant decide what to get. I want something more street worthy. but I can still ride in the dirt. let see some pictures. i mostly run on the street and sometimes run through some fields. so a 50/50 would be good.

I'm running the Pirelli Scorpion Pro on front and it's great - holds up well, works great off-road and is easy to handle on-road.

I had been running a Dunlop D606 on the back and it was okay, but I would burn through them in 1,000 miles. I just put on a Teraflex this week and it is HUGE! Squirrelly as hell on the road so far (still trying to scuff it in) but it should smooth out. Gonna try it out tomorrow on some single-track stuff.

However, I wouldn't consider these tires to be 50/50 but they do work well on the street (Pirelli & Dunlop at least)...

Pirelli Scorpion Pro:

Pirelli-ScorpionPROFIMFront.gif

Dunlop D606:

Dunlop-D606a.jpg

Teraflex:

teraflex-tread2-offroad-tires.jpg

I just took my Mefo's (Explorers) off a couple weeks ago. They worked great on the street, where the majority of my riding is. They're terrible in the mud, but most street mannered tires are going to be because of the tread design. Anywho, I got over 4k miles out of them and was super hard on them on the street, so I'd imagine they'd last alot longer for anyone who's easier on the gas/brake. I decided I wasn't doing enough off roading so I threw a set of Avon's on it (Distanzia's)... The Avon's are definitely not a 50/50, but check out the Mefo's...

BTW - My Mefo front with over 4k on it still looks brand new, the rear probably could've lasted me another 500 miles or so but it was wearing thin in the middle.

after running through my 90%off 10%on tire in a couple months, its time for a new tire, and I cant decide what to get. I want something more street worthy. but I can still ride in the dirt. let see some pictures. i mostly run on the street and sometimes run through some fields. so a 50/50 would be good.

try the shinko 244. they work great on the street and are good off road in everything but mud. you can get both tires, front and back for $80(motorcycle superstore). they look a lot like the IRC GP110 just a better price.

any of you guys got pics of the tire on your bike. i want a beefy tire.

That rear Teraflex is about the beefiest tire available:

---------------------------------

140/80-18 Sizes for Hi power - Big bore bikes only - D.O.T. Certified

Type 2 Tera Flex - Most Aggressive Motocross Tire in the World Period!!

• STEEL BELTED
  • Super deep knobs, more bite and longer wear
  • Cantilevered rim guard sidewall
  • Extra thick knobs allow recutting of worn and rounded edges
  • Double edge taper, wide base, self-cleaning knobs
  • Reversed Angle leading edge of intermediate knobs
  • Racing tread rubber compounded for extreme traction
  • MADE IN U.S.A.

---------------------------------

I'll try to post of pic of it tomorrow.