Sign in to follow this  

110cc PIT BIKE JUST GOES WHEN PUT IN GEAR NO THROTTLE NEEDED ???

Hi, i have got a 110cc chinese pit bike that i have been trying to get running properly, but as soon as the bike is put in gear it just goes with no throttle needed, why is that happening? Also the front disk break pads won't seperate, how do i seperate them?

Thanks for any help in advance.

could be that your idle is high or if it is a honda clone motor on the side case you should see a set screw with a nut holding it in place, might need to adjust that out a little, that is what adjusts clutch ingagement(sp) as far as the front caliper you should just be able to gently pry them apart

The bike is a 110cc zongshen tianzhong. There are two spaces for wires to go into the cdi unit. It seems like the engine isn't being controlled so could it be to do with the cdi?

can u post a pic ? r u talking about the clutch lever?is it a auto clutch or manual? more info needed plz

did u pull the cap off the front brake cylnder when u tryd to spred the pads apart?

Edited by eavery

There are two spaces for wires to go into the cdi unit. It seems like the engine isn't being controlled so could it be to do with the cdi?

If it runs fine in neutral, then the CDI is just fine. A cdi can't cause a runaway. Only high idle or no idle.

Have you adjusted the idle down to a proper level? Have you adjusted the auto clutch nut? -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

there is a screw on the side of your carb with a spring around it right in the middle of the slide it adjust your idle screw it out to lower idle and in to up the idle do this y its runnin

Simply check the carb , there will be a spring with a screw holding it in place . Make sure you have the bike running & loosen it to your liking . (Left to loosen , Right to tighten )Put it in gear & see if it pulls . If not , Problem solved :cheers:

if its a manual clutch. then you have to adjust the clutch cable to pull the cluch more thus dis engaging it FULLY before you switch gears. if its NOT a manual cluch its a simple idl problem solved by turning a screw that is located in the center of most carbs COUNTER CLOCKWISE which is usually located on the neck of the carb.

hope that helps

:smirk:Cruise Control:smirk:

LOL, damn chinese bikes are unpredictable

I had a panterra 110cc with a semi automatic clutch and you could put it in gear and it would just go haha. I went 2 miles without touching the throttle.