2007_06200030.jpg

50021.jpg

DSCF3330.jpg

DSCF3447-1.jpg

And silver on polished:

2008_06180024.jpg

2008_06180018.jpg

2008_06180023.jpg

Dang How many pairs of Rims you got i was thanking about looking into some black on blue for my CRF250R how do you think that would look?

Dang How many pairs of Rims you got i was thanking about looking into some black on blue for my CRF250R how do you think that would look?

Haha, yeah. I have been restoring used wheels for a few years as a hobby, so I have bought and sold tons of wheels. Sometimes I decided to keep them for myself for a little bit at least.

I think black on blue wheels would look awesome on a honda with a blue seat cover, blue radiator hoses, and maybe some graphics with a little blue (like the TLD graphics).

wow KJ nice. Where do you get spokes from and anywhere i can get them cheap. Im really hoping to do black rims soon.

I'm always watching ebay for deals. I get a lot of spokes, or partial spoke sets cheap there. Pretty soon I wind up with enough for a full wheel. If the nipples are not seized to the spoke too badly then I will inspect the spoke, clean the threads and reuse it. If you soak the threads with penetrating oil before you unlace the wheel you can normally get them apart fine. The two places spokes tend to wear are where they cross, and where the head meets the hub. If the spokes were run loose they will normally show wear in these areas and I throw them out. If there is no wear in these areas then I polish the spoke, and tumble polish the nipple, clean the threads, grease the threads and reuse them.

Haha, yeah. I have been restoring used wheels for a few years as a hobby, so I have bought and sold tons of wheels. Sometimes I decided to keep them for myself for a little bit at least.

I think black on blue wheels would look awesome on a honda with a blue seat cover, blue radiator hoses, and maybe some graphics with a little blue (like the TLD graphics).

NOOO. I can't believe you said that! I've had that in my mind forever, exact thing. Ughh.): It's no longer original.

Here is what I posted on a thread on April 7th.

Hahaha!

This would be a good time to dish out my idea for my bike. Ok, so, my bike is going to have a blue accent on it. I would put blue; seat cover, hoses / radiator hoses, hubs, and a little blue on the custom graphics. Then I would get my rims powdercoated black, which I am doing in a little while.

are all 250f spokes, nipples, and rims compatible with each other?

Nope, most brands are different from eachother, though many are the same between 250F and 450. Many of the front spokes are the same between brands, but most of the rears are different. A few different nipple sizes are used as well, so the nipples need to match the rims you use (just in case you get rims that are not made to work with stock nipples).

Do you Sell some of the rims you fix up if so how much?