Sometimes the wrong tool for the job is right.

MXJunky needed to get the real wheel on his XR-L off to slap on a new tire, but for whatever reason his 24mm and crescent wrenches were AWOL. After some frantic searching and colorful language, MXJunky decided to try some standard wrenches, and the 15/16 fits perfectly on throttle side nut for the rear axle. Sweet.

Now you tell MXJunky.

It helps having an inch/metric tap and drill chart on the garage wall...

FYI, a 15/16" also works well on RFVC valve access caps. It actually fits a little tighter than a genuine 24mm.

Another common one is 9/16 = 14mm.

I needed to get a half inch drive socket to torque the primary drive gear nut during the rebuild... pretty sure it was a 30mm, but was too lazy to measure it. Off to Harbor Freight I went with the nut in my pocket. The knucklehead that tried to help me measured it twice as an inch and a quarter (I told him both times it was metric). They don't sell loose sockets so I ended up driving down the road and buying a 30mm at Schmucks (on sale for half price!).

At any rate, I was resigned to buying a inch and a quarter if I couldn't find a loose 30mm.

My visegrips and channel locks are SAE only!... they don't get nowhere near the piggie! ? I have a big ole metric crecent wrench that does a fine job on the axle nut though!

It helps having an inch/metric tap and drill chart on the garage wall...

FYI, a 15/16" also works well on RFVC valve access caps. It actually fits a little tighter than a genuine 24mm.

Another common one is 9/16 = 14mm.

hmmm... good idea. I always use the OEM axle nut wrench. Now I can leave the OEM tools locked up in the fender bag (they always wander off when I let em out) ? Nothing worse than getting a flat and your :censored:ing axle wrench is sitting on the bench at the house. ?

Never happened to me of course... just saying?

The way you speak of yourself in the third person makes me wonder if you're related to Bob Dole:busted:

If you make the voices in your head all reach consensus before you craft the message then you don't have to attribute the message to any one particular voice... it works for me!?