ID the year of a TT500

How do I tell what year my TT500 is. I got it for storage and I am considering selling it or putting it together. Cant tell what year it is. Is there a way to know from the VIN or is there something else I am missing?

VIN is 1T1-005235

here is a picture

tt001.jpg

Thanks for any help

Actually, '79's are also orange, but easy to ID since they have the aluminum swingarm and leading axle front forks.

Correct but they dont have 1T1 in the vin. 1T1 designates 77 or 78 then color orange designates it as 77

Correct but they dont have 1T1 in the vin. 1T1 designates 77 or 78 then color orange designates it as 77

Howz it bro, 77,78,79 and 80 or D,E,F and G all started with 1T1 the only models that didnt in the TT500 range were the 1976 C, which started with 583 and the 1981 H that stared with 2Y0.

Keep the TT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont have any interest in the TT, The teachnology was before my time of riding big thumpers. I like mono shocks and lighter frames adn swingarms.

I dont have any interest in the TT, The teachnology was before my time of riding big thumpers. I like mono shocks and lighter frames adn swingarms.

Guess I'm just getting old:ride: Anyways here's a picture of my 79 XT500 I bought in my senior year in HS. I traded it in on a brand new 85 XT600, guess which one I miss more, thought I wanted the monoshock as well.

dn21.jpg

I had a XL250 with dual shocks back in the day. I dont want to go back that far.

I ride a 07XR650L as my daily bike and have a 2005FJR 1300 for when I really need to travel. My old handa you needed a kidney belt to ride it hard off road.