Sign in to follow this  

Bike Painting

Hey guys, my bike is down for the weekend :banghead:so i decided that i will paint the extra set of graphics that i have american flag colors. I i fail, oh well, the plastics are in bad shape so i really dont need them.

Has anyone else ever tried this?

If there are any, what paints would hold well(i plan on putting on a coat of primer first)

Any tips ?

Thanks

ya thats a good point, i just remembered my friend painted his rear fender a different color and it looked nice, until he crashed and it was all scraped up

it looks good when you paint them with a air brush and put them on the shop wall for display, on your bike it will just chip, crack and flake off..

Don't do it, you'll regret it. It won't take long and they will look terrible...if you can even get them to look good from the beginning, which is unlikely.

CAMM

use krylon fushion spray paint and then put 4-5 layers of a clear coat and it will hold of for a while

"painted plastic is usually a dead giveaway the bike is stolen." lol and yet so true

ya, I doubt im gunna try it anymore, mostly because what i want to do seems to hard

Thanks for the info