can i use a rear tire for the front?

im about to start to build a stunt bike from a bone stock 97 xr100 i seen a post on here from s_10onbagz and he had a stock rear tire with Cheng Shin C907 120/90-16 im planing on getting these for the rear and i want a smaller front tire so im thinking about getting an xr100 stock rear rim and lacing it onto the front hub and possibly using these tires for the front as well because i can not find a front tire to fit. will this work as a front tire? and is there any better tires that i should get instead of the Cheng Shins. any help is greatly appreciated thanx

im about to start to build a stunt bike from a bone stock 97 xr100 i seen a post on here from s_10onbagz and he had a stock rear tire with Cheng Shin C907 120/90-16 im planing on getting these for the rear and i want a smaller front tire so im thinking about getting an xr100 stock rear rim and lacing it onto the front hub and possibly using these tires for the front as well because i can not find a front tire to fit. will this work as a front tire? and is there any better tires that i should get instead of the Cheng Shins. any help is greatly appreciated thanx

Don't know about the mini's, but the bigger XR's use different spoke counts front and rear. 32/36 I believe.

nope the 100's are 36 spoke front and rear and i have herd about people swapping them out and relacing them with a front hub, im just not sure how a rear tire would work on the front might be a stupied question but i dont see to much of a difference between them the tread patterns different but idk how much it will affect the ride quality or anything like that