Sign in to follow this  

09 SMR 510. Do I need to get it remapped post PU Kit?

Title says it all. Been reading alot of threads about my bike. Just curious, once I do the power up kit, even sawed the cans open removed the cats, do I need to plug it back into the computer to get the FI mapping adjusted?

yes! if you moded the exhaust from stock its going to run really lean! which is never good!

Not sure of the technical lingo, but on the 510 two dealers I spoke with said but put on the Air Cleaner Basket, Take out the Cat, Take out the O2 Sensor and plug the hole and put the Electronic Plug gismo where the O2 sensor pluged in to the computer. I suppose the SM is the same. I did not change the exhaust. There is a thread on hear where a member did a nice job of walking you through it.

This made a HUGE difference...HUGE difference. Now it runs without stalling and hessitating and backfiring. Unbelievable, our Nanny State Government.

Not sure of the technical lingo, but on the 510 two dealers I spoke with said but put on the Air Cleaner Basket, Take out the Cat, Take out the O2 Sensor and plug the hole and put the Electronic Plug gismo where the O2 sensor pluged in to the computer. I suppose the SM is the same. I did not change the exhaust. There is a thread on hear where a member did a nice job of walking you through it.

This made a HUGE difference...HUGE difference. Now it runs without stalling and hessitating and backfiring. Unbelievable, our Nanny State Government.

Yeah, I have done all this, I'm wondering if I need to have my FI re-mapped because of the changes I have made, but it sounds like I do.