Sign in to follow this  

xr400 xrsonly exhaust insert

hey guys:

wanted to get some feedback on exhaust pipes and some recommendations.

first off,i got a fmf titanium 4 exhaust on my bike right now and i find it to be a little loud (ive been reading the latest exhaust forum, interesting stuff and good info for people). any way back to the point, i would like to quiet this baby down and i saw that xrsonly has this:

http://www.xrsonly.com/content/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1448&category_id=18&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=70

i was wondering if anyone used one of these in their exhaust before?

also has anyone used/ have a staintune pipe? i have the header and love the quality. i would like to possible get the staintune pipe if i cant get the titanium 4 quite enough, but are the staintune quite?

thanks guys

hey guys:

wanted to get some feedback on exhaust pipes and some recommendations.

first off,i got a fmf titanium 4 exhaust on my bike right now and i find it to be a little loud (ive been reading the latest exhaust forum, interesting stuff and good info for people). any way back to the point, i would like to quiet this baby down and i saw that xrsonly has this:

http://www.xrsonly.com/content/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1448&category_id=18&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=70

i was wondering if anyone used one of these in their exhaust before?

also has anyone used/ have a staintune pipe? i have the header and love the quality. i would like to possible get the staintune pipe if i cant get the titanium 4 quite enough, but are the staintune quite?

thanks guys

I don't know if it will fit, but if it does......

I have one for my xr's only round pipe. It works and does what it needs to do, but it does restricts it down a bit in the top end. It still makes good power though. If I was only doing single track and trails where raw-top end power is not required i have no problem with it at all. pretty quiet. To be honest, if you still have your stock pipe (1998+), take a 1 3/4" hole saw and cut out the restrictive tip in the spark arrestor unit and it makes almost the same same if not better power than my xr's only pipe with the quiet core installed.

good luck.

thanks for the info, i still have my stock pipe (96) so its already opened up. basically i just want to have the insert on certain rides where i would like to keep the bike quieter. thanks again