Kinda random but what do you think?

So at least where I ride, busy as it is, I always get or get a response to the motorcycle peace sign. Harleys street bikes and of course dual sports (my favorite cuz we usually get all excited to see another one on the road) not so much scooters (im not sure those guys get it)

But often I get a look from Harley ridders like maybe they think they are better. I dont know if they think its because their bikes are shiny, louder, more top end speed, more expensive or they are just that hardcore (Im interested if you started on a Harley what was your mentality of us dual sport hooligans was before coming to the dark side).

My question is what do those Harley ridders think when they are stuck in traffic because their bikes dont fit between cars and I go zipping past them to the front and dont have to deal with all the traffic? I always feel bad, for like .5 seconds, like "oh dude sorry your big fast bike isnt going fast and you'v got all the cellphone talking inconsiderate people boxing you in" 👍

Just wondering, thanks

What do I think? I think you guys are nuts with all the lane splitting out there on the west coast. I got hit by a girl changing lanes while at a traffic light. She said she never saw me there. The good news for me was that I was in my pick-up at the time. She never saw me?! She never looked!

I've gotten behind other harley riders and they will get waved at and as soon as they are past the guy in front of me they quit waving. ********. I don't even bother waving to them unless they do it first or its somebody I know (2 friends have harleys. I rode with them once, never again shall that happen)

haha great post! I used to have an 05 GSXR 600 and the majority of them dont like crotch rockets but i still got alot of waves and mabey the occausional finger from flying by them haha! I personally dont like Harleys i think they are worthless... way over priced! and very annoying! I do like V-twins very much so... My next street bike will prob be a V-max 👍 V-4

I know here if you do the biker wave to a Harley rider and your not on a Harley yourself they won't wave back. I guess they think they are better than everyone??? Funny thing is the people riding them usually are Doctors or lawyers with too much money that I could out ride any day on my DRZ lol

I never get to stressed on my bike about anything that happens. Occasionally I get behind someone who cuts me off and follow them till i have a chance to give them a few select words, often I think about punching out a mirror but dont. Bad things to do though, im trying to not get angry at all. The whole point of ridding is fun and I usually get over things pretty damn fast and get back to my joy

a couple of my friends that I ride with have Harley's and most of them will wave to me if they wave to them, but you can usually tell the ones who aren't going to wave and have their head stuck up their ass and think they're to cool because they have their $500+/month overpriced bike

I do like V-twins very much so... My next street bike will prob be a V-max 👍 V-4

i really want a v-max to but they are pretty high priced as well.

i like harleys just because of the history behind it and the sportsters look cool. but i dont think ill ever own one.... oh and to be on topic some wave but most dont. even some of the crotch rocket guys dont wave.

Most, not all harley/cruiser guys just bought their bikes to buy in to the image of riding. I ride my bikes because I love to ride. Doesn't matter if I'm on my DRZ, VTX, or V-Strom, I just enjoy riding. I will wave to people if they wave, but I usually don't initiate a wave. I would stop to help any bike that was having problems though. Well maybe I would pass up the guy riding a GSXR with flip flops and shorts and no helmet. Some people just shouldn't be on a bike.

The Harley riders are killing the wave.... Nobody wants to wave and get snubbed, they only wave at each other... The bikes are getting so loud that if on goes by that you have to stop the conversation if your having dinner at a restaurant with a patio... its like having a argument with a idiot that thinks if they talk loud enough they are right.... I wanna be the first to apologize to all the waving harley riders out there and I would like to say I always wave back...look in your mirror. Dont get me wrong in the city with bikes all over you cant wave at everyone, But on the road we are in this together... for you harley's that wave- those are your people and really I cant tell a fatgirl from a skinny glide?? Becareful WingPeople your not far behind...

........United We Stand Divided We Fall...We need to take a stand together!

I love seeing dual sports thought. Like I said, we're always so excited to see another one on the street the "wassup" is usually more fun than the 2 finger wave all the other bikes get. Like, "HEY! you like to have fun on your motorcycle TOO!!! (insert wheelie)" Haha.

OK, I was never gonna tell this story to anyone but here I go.

I was on my S going to look at a bike for my 9 yo. I am traveling a scenic route to stay off the highway ( 15/48 ) I just put on a Dualsport mirror only on clutch side, no other mirror. It wasn't adjusted right cause I was rushing to meet this guy so I couldn't see good. It was real nice out and I was passing a lot of bikes. They were all waving. Big groups of harleys waving. I thought " this is real wierd"

I never get this many waving at me. I then look in my mirror after moving left arm and scooting on he seat and there is a harley behind me. I couldn't hear him. I split off to the right fork in road and he went left. I waved and he flipped me off. Only 2 bikes waved on the way home. Now I wait and give the nod if they wave.

I don't particularly care about cruisers in general or Harley's spcifically (I'm more of a sport bike guy than anything) but I wave to everyone. If they don't wave back, I'll shrug it off.

The way I see it, it's a fellow rider, and we need to stick together. So I'll do the rider thing and wave, and if they choose not to, then that's on them.