Sign in to follow this  

2010 crf450r

What are the issues, if any, are people having with this bike? Thanks

18 hours on mine....no issues ! 👍

Only smelled some gas in the oil one time.🤣

... to nothing

true, forgot to mention that. It is kind of odd that some people have so many problems with theirs right from the get go and then some people have 0 problems at all so far. Almost like there was a bad month at the Honda factory or something lol. Just be prepared to spend some dough fixing up your suspension, that seems to be the main thing people complain about.

Just be prepared to spend some dough fixing up your suspension, that seems to be the main thing people complain about.

This is so very true. i only have about 4 hours on my 2010 and it was kicking my butt. i started getting used to the power since i moved up from a 250 but i couldn't go any faster cause my back end would kick me so hard in my butt that i would almost go flying over the bars and don't even get me started on the headshake going around a high speed corner. thought i was gonna die!!!!!

my suspension is sitting at FC getting revalved and resprung. should be back to me by wednesday i'm hoping:banana:

Did you try setting sag, turning clickers, tuning? How much do you weigh? Just wondering if the stock sus. is really that far off.

i am a narrow ass weighing a measly 150lbs...LOL i did set the sag and that helped it turn better without the front end wanting to dive on me but i couldn't get the clickers soft enough to help. it definitely wasn't sprung for someone that weighs as little as i do. i had the high speed on the shock as soft as it would go and it still felt like i was riding a bull on breaking and accelerating bumps.

I have a 06 250 2 stroke. The suspension on my bike isn't the greatest either but then again Honda has never been know for great suspension. Is the 2010 engine wise a solid bike? Yes, I know people have had issues but again some people out there cause the issues but blame the bike... Obviously they have fixed the decompression pin/ stalling issue from 09. For the 2010 owners is there anything I should know before picking one up? Thanks.

Did you try setting sag, turning clickers, tuning? How much do you weigh? Just wondering if the stock sus. is really that far off.

For anybody under 200#'s, the rear end will kill you.

I have a 06 250 2 stroke. The suspension on my bike isn't the greatest either but then again Honda has never been know for great suspension. Is the 2010 engine wise a solid bike? Yes, I know people have had issues but again some people out there cause the issues but blame the bike... Obviously they have fixed the decompression pin/ stalling issue from 09. For the 2010 owners is there anything I should know before picking one up? Thanks.

mine hasn't even hicupped once! so far it is solid! the thing about people having problems is that no matter what make or model you get there will always be those few that will have a couple issues. there is no way around that. as for something you should know before you pick one up? i hope you have a helluva grip!

For anybody under 200#'s, the rear end will kill you.

yes it did. my ass is still bruised from the first time i rode it....LOL:moon:

i am a narrow ass weighing a measly 150lbs...LOL i did set the sag and that helped it turn better without the front end wanting to dive on me but i couldn't get the clickers soft enough to help. it definitely wasn't sprung for someone that weighs as little as i do. i had the high speed on the shock as soft as it would go and it still felt like i was riding a bull on breaking and accelerating bumps.

Similar to you, I weigh 155 with no gear, so my 09 suspension was beating me up pretty bad. I kept the stock fork springs but had them revalved (upper level B rider and 6'1) but dropped to a 5.2 on the rear... Now it doesn't kick and jump around near as much.

yeah i just said screw it and sent the forks and shock to FC and told them to throw everything they had at it minus the coatings. should be here on thursday. i'm stoked to try it out. last time i had them do my suspension i didn't even need to adjust clicker one! it was awesome from the git!