Sign in to follow this  

Gear oil coming from breather tube.

I just installed a Rev-loc dyna ring auto clutch on my '03 450. I didn't drain the gear oil because I just changed it last week. After installation and test drive there is some gear oil dripping from crank case breather tube. Is this because the dyna ring takes up more space in clutch than the fiber plates? I put in 700 cc last week so I know i didn't overfill.

If you are talking about the tube that is normally plugged and runs to a wire guide above the countershaft sproket - yes that is normal. 700cc is not too much oil, as I have heard of guys running a full quart. Don't think the small change in case capacity would make much difference. I would plug the breather tube at the bottom, since it gets air from the airbox connection so I could see just how much oil is accumulating. Good luck.

Assuming you laid the bike over since you said you didnt drain it...Id guess you had oil migrate into the air baffle that's cast into the case and its puking out the tube. It'll probably stop. You could try to push it back with some compressed air (guessing, Id say 10 PSI max) into the vent tube with the filler cap off... then see what it does.

Rode it for a few hours on saturday and it doesn't seem to be dripping anymore. I think you were right Shawn_mc.