Exhaust valve circlip

My hellatious week of term papers and tests are over and I can finally dig into the 2000 CR 250 I bought this past Monday. First thing I did was take the pipe off and carburetor to see how the piston and cylinder are doing. The seller was actually honest and he did put new rings on the old piston and the honing was done. New crosshatch marks are very visible. I haven't ridden it since test riding it at his house. I'm waiting for the new top end kit to come this coming Monday. I cannot think about if it blew up was it due to an old piston? Then I decided to look at the exhaust valve (this set up is new to me coming from an RMZ 250 and CRF 450). I followed as the shop manual insisted...the only problem is...when I was taking out the circlip on the left side of the engine it popped out and I can no longer find it. The thing is loooong gone! ­čĹŹ I ordered another one from motosport, but my question is, "How do I get the new one in there?" Do I order circlip pliers? I know auto zone/oreilly auto parts sell them, but can I use those rather than buying the outrageously priced Motion Pro tool? My needle nose pliers are no where thin enough to be inserted into the circlips. I've put circlips on before, but not one that is partially into an engine.

Make sur itdid not fall in to the engine. Your not supposed to re use circlips anyway. Get a pair of them. Make sure you have a rag under piston. What i did was get a needle nose pliers and twist it on,not bending. But hey were tricky to put on and they will spring so ...But my pliers wer skinny though. Make sure the circlips are at 6 or 10 oclock, more of a chance of them popping out if you installed them wrong.