690 smc slip on

Check out the wings. Www.wings.si. Very popular for the 690 smc. I've just ordered one for mine and am hoping to receive it next week. I was also considering the fmf q4ti but with the potential stalling issues I went with the wings. Plus there is lots of configuration options it comes with (baffel inserts) which allow you to set it up so you don't need to do a remap if you choose.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sean, did you replace the header pipe as well or use the stocker with your FMF?

I have heard that the power bomb header restricts your leg/footpeg space? Do you know anything about that, seems strange that FMF wouldn't match the OEM pipe bends exactly.

I'm considering a 690 enduro, how do you like yours?

Thank You

Jeff

From what I read and heard, the KTM headers are pretty good for a stock motor so I only replaced the muffler. No 'cat' means it is much lighter and runs a lot cooler than the stock muffler. The USFS spark arrester is a big selling point, too.

I wasn't sure about the Enduro when I first got it since I came off a 'race-replica' street bike, but it's way more flexible, just as fast in 90% of the places you can ride, and more fun. It's also a lot cheaper to insure a 650 instead of a 929, here. I've done a lot of back-country riding I would never have done before and seen some interesting sights. On the street, with the right tires, it will keep up to most other bikes and is a blast in twisty stuff. I wish I had bought it years ago.

Thanks for the info Sean, I just bought an 08' yesterday and the header pipe has a crack in it, so I'm looking to replace it.

I'm hoping I can buy one from someone who has replaced theirs with an after market header.

I'm loving all the mapping choices!!..fun bike!

Cheers

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the info Sean, I just bought an 08' yesterday and the header pipe has a crack in it, so I'm looking to replace it.

I'm hoping I can buy one from someone who has replaced theirs with an after market header.

I'm loving all the mapping choices!!..fun bike!

Cheers

Jeff

what mapping choices are those??? From what I know there are only a few options for mapping. Unless you get a tuneboy and do them yourself, you are stuck with the few that the dealer has.

Damn Power Commander has been saying they are working on a PC for this bike ever since it came out but still nothing!! :bonk: