2008 YZ250F Sound (Decibal)

Your kidding, the stock pipe won't meet the 94 db? I love the sound of the 450 pipe but tend to agree with you its likely not helping anything. the previous owner just liked the "look" of it tucked into the side of the plastic rather than projecting past it. I am in the process of getting both sound tested locally and will post up reports afterwards.

Your kidding, the stock pipe won't meet the 94 db? I love the sound of the 450 pipe but tend to agree with you its likely not helping anything. the previous owner just liked the "look" of it tucked into the side of the plastic rather than projecting past it. I am in the process of getting both sound tested locally and will post up reports afterwards.

Since the bike was designed, the sound test requirements have become even quieter.

I have never had my bike tested at any of the Ontario tracks I race at (Sault Ste. Marie, Massey, Providence Bay), and I don't think they ever will, so unless your tracks test, you should be ok with the 08 stock 250F pipe, just keep fresh packing in it every 20 hours of run time.

I am suspecting the 450 can is from this year or very late 09 so I am guessing the packing is fresh whereas the 250 can is likely same packing that came with it.

Is repacking the muffler easy? Again, new and never done this before.

I hope to primarily ride this bike trail and I will likely need a spark arrester. To save me the time from looking is there spark arrester I can get that will fit the stock muffler if it's below 94 db?