Sign in to follow this  

What would u pay for a pro race bike??

All those add-ons seem like stuff that anyone could put on their own bike. Are these brand new bikes with zero hours? Doesn't seem like too bad of a deal when you account for the cost of all the extras.

Are these new or used bikes cause $7k is cheaper than retail for a new stock bike?

There bikes that were raced in the 2010 supercross series, but they've been completely rebuilt from the ground up. so there basically like new:thumbsup:

I'm guessing they might be used. But that still seems like an awesome deal for a 2010!

Take a look at this picture.

831392523_uy6P4-XL.jpg

There is a little scuffing on the cover. But that could be from just normal working on the bike, maybe? Or a person testing it?

i wouldnt bu it

raced pro, even if it has been rebuilt

barely any people accually ride a stock 450 or 250f to its limits so why buy this?

youll look sick riding it though

personaly i wouldnt buy a pro race bike. they have been wailed on alot. nathan woods, the worcs racer, lives very close to me, and i had a chance to buy one of his old race bikes. i think it was his kawasaki. i turned it down not because i already have a bike that i love, but because there is no way that bike hasnt been run like hell. yes there are his team members that rebuilt it alot when he rode for them, and it was a beauty, but its a previously owned race bike. if you understand what i mean. its not like it was just taken to the local riding area for a leasurly trail ride for alittle fun.

I would buy the race bike over the test bike. I bought an 05 Honda 450 race bike that was only used during one supercross season. The motor was left stock aside from the head being cleaned up and the suspension was incredible. There is no way that I would have been able to afford to have the suspension I had. I kept that bike for 3 yrs it was so good. I shimmed the valves twice and had no mechanical issues at all. My friend has the bike and has not had a problem yet. If I was still racing I would jump at that.

I bought one of the Blackfoot (Canadian Yamaha Team) bikes earlier this winter and payed about what that 450 is priced at with about the same amount of mods. Alot of race teams clean up the practice and race bikes at the end of the year to help recover some of the cost. And all I can say is that these bikes are gone through and look brand new. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the bikes.

Depends on who raced it. I would imagine that the suspension has been set up to be spot on for the person who raced it. Might not even be close to the way YOU might need it set up. That is just one of the potential problems that I see, and it could be an expensive fix...

I would buy that 250 in a heartbeat if I had 6 grand laying around. That is one of the coolest Suzukis I've ever seen!

i would defiantly buy the 250f if i had 6 grand except for the fact that its pro supercross suspension and it would be rock hard

i dont think its pro suspension i thought they take the stock forks out at the start of the season and put in the a kit stuff and run those at the races then sell it after they put the stock forks back in.

I bought my stock 09 crf 250r for 6000... If this bike was out at the time i would've definitely bought this. Thats a great price