Sign in to follow this  

yz250f info

Hi my name is michael, and im looking into buying a yz250f, here are some questions I have.

1. What is the yearly cost of maintenence?

2. Are they hard to work on? or could your average joe with a manuel do it?

3. Are they good bikes? (im looking for a 2006-2008 yz250f)

SORRY IF I POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG SPOT OR SOMETHING.

Thanks in advance, 👍

mike

Hi my name is michael, and im looking into buying a yz250f, here are some questions I have.

1. What is the yearly cost of maintenence?

2. Are they hard to work on? or could your average joe with a manuel do it?

3. Are they good bikes? (im looking for a 2006-2008 yz250f)

SORRY IF I POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG SPOT OR SOMETHING.

Thanks in advance, 👍

mike

Maintenance costs really depends on how much you ride but I buy the Parts Unlimited filters and Maxima oil. I usually pay about $110.00 for 12 filters and 12 ltrs of oil. Thats good for about 10 oil changes for me. I am not sure on how much I spend on oil filter oil and cleaner but I know its not that spendy either.

The Yamaha's have a very detailed manual for working on them so if you have some mechanical skills patience and the proper tools yes the average joe can do the majority of the work.

They are excellent bikes. The key to a long lasting 4-stroke is regular oil and oil filter changes, Keeping a clean air filter in it and making sure the air box and especially intake boot stay super clean. Valves do not like dirt. I have owned 2 06's 1 07 and 3 08's and they have all been bullet proof bikes. Good luck.🤣