Sign in to follow this  

shorter kickstand on xr650l

well after installing the devol lowering link. my bike sits so low i have park it on a slight hill just to keep it from tipping over...alot of fun that is. what would be a good replacement for the stock kickstand that is shorter? would a nx650 or xr600 work? i dont want to cut the stock kickstand incase i want to raise it back up after i cut the seat down. any help would be awesome:thumbsup:

One option I read about was grinding the kickstand stop (up by the pivot) so it would lean more and could be repaired by welding back what you ground if you wanted it back to stock height, I have no idea if that would work with the kickstand safety switch or not.

'83-87 XL600Rs are a shorter bike with a side stand that is 1" shorter(~13.5" vs. 14.5 for my XR600) and I'm pretty sure it mounts the same way as a 650L. Also an option is to get another '88-00 XR600 or '93+ 650L stand and shorten it so you'll have an unaltered spare.

If you do decide to chop the stock stand, let me know and I'd be more than happy cutting it and welding the base pad back on for ya.