Sign in to follow this  

250/450 shock compatibility

Searched around and didn't find much info.. Are all the shocks from 02-08 450 and 04-09 250 the same length and only differ in valving and spring rate?

BUMP.

old thread but i'm curious to know what shock/linkage parts interchange..

i have an 08 crf250af with only 1 shock for it. i have multiple 04 450f shocks and the clevis is much shorter than that of the 08 250f. can a complete linkage from an older 450 be installed on the 08 250f chassis to allow the shorter 450 shock(s) to be used?

i have 3 complete sets of suspension for the older 450 that i would like to be able to use on the 250f..

any info would be great,

thanks

Myself to. Have a 250 parts bike got for almost nothing. Put rear shock in 450 thought for trails may be plusher but it darted allover. Would like to no aswell

BUMP.

old thread but i'm curious to know what shock/linkage parts interchange..

i have an 08 crf250af with only 1 shock for it. i have multiple 04 450f shocks and the clevis is much shorter than that of the 08 250f. can a complete linkage from an older 450 be installed on the 08 250f chassis to allow the shorter 450 shock(s) to be used?

i have 3 complete sets of suspension for the older 450 that i would like to be able to use on the 250f..

any info would be great,

thanks

Did a bunch of research and Clevis on shock of 250r is longer then 450. So to maintain geometry u must swap clevis while changing shock. You will need to discharge pressure in shock to do clevis change and recharge after. Hope this helps

06-09 250R shock clevis is different from any other 250 or 450.