Can I mix 2 stroke oil ??

Hey guys,

I've been running Yamalube R in my son's and my bike, but the local dealer had a half price deal on Spectro since they're discontinuing it. I bought a couple of quarts and have a little R left in one quart.

Can i mix the two or should I stick to one type in the gas can at a time?

Thanks in advance for the feedback,

Winkel

As far as I know, the shop is just going to stop carrying it. They carry a lot of other brands so I assume it was moving slowly.

I was going to go in this weekend and see if they had any left but spent ALL weekend putting in fence. Never even had a chance to ride the KDX or shoot any guns!

Winkel

Yeah, I wasn't really planning on mixing the two in the gas can, but there was some mixing in my tank when I topped her off.

Do you mean the Spectro is better at keeping the KIPS clean, or does it run better? We mixed it at 32:1.

Yeah, I wasn't really planning on mixing the two in the gas can, but there was some mixing in my tank when I topped her off.

Do you mean the Spectro is better at keeping the KIPS clean, or does it run better? We mixed it at 32:1.

Golden Spectro is a cleaner burning oil imo. It isn't Silkolene but back in the day I had an RZ 350 that I started out using Yamalube and it was real dirty, lots of soot in the pipes. I switched to Spectro by accident and really liked it in the RZ. I had to clean the pipes less and silencer packing lasted longer.

Yes, back in the day, I had an old YZ 465 punched out to a 490. It was jetted perfectly, head was milled, expansion chamber lengthened, Wiseco, Boyensen Reeds, and I used Spectro mixed 50:1. There was no power valve, but I rode that bike hard for three seasons and never even changed the spark plug. I know that may sound like neglect, but it ran great up to the point when I sold it. Golden Spectro WAS the oil then.