Sign in to follow this  

California Three riders arrested

They come in do a once around the fire and make you feel like a criminal for breathing free air.

They come in do a once around the fire and make you feel like a criminal for breathing free air.

Nice 👍 I had heard about them doing that in Glamis, never experienced it though. But then, I don't feel sorry the squids that were riding on private property.

Glad they're chasing a huge endemic social plaque of America - the dirt biker. Prolly one of the biggest threats to American life. They chase us because it's easy and the public likes to see these "nuisances" put in their place. Why chase actual criminals when you can harass the low hanging fruit? 👍

Do they bother to chase others on the Perfect Cycling Trail? Or is just cause they get to write this off with green money?

Do they bother to chase others on the Perfect Cycling Trail? Or is just cause they get to write this off with green money?

I think they only chase the idiots who break the law and then try to evade law enforcement. 👍:bonk:

I think they only chase the idiots who break the law and then try to evade law enforcement. 👍:bonk:

(Perfect Cycling Trail)

They just happen to have money to ticket dirtbikers and not cyclists, because they more then likely were using our money.

Clearly the the riders were in the wrong but thats not the point. The point I was making is they are using our money against us and another user group that routinely bootlegs PCT (probably not that same section, more common up North I think) as well. They just don't have the green money to steal to fund big busts.

(Perfect Cycling Trail)

They just happen to have money to ticket dirtbikers and not cyclists, because they more then likely were using our money.

Clearly the the riders were in the wrong but thats not the point. The point I was making is they are using our money against us and another user group that routinely bootlegs PCT (probably not that same section, more common up North I think) as well. They just don't have the green money to steal to fund big busts.

I got pulled over in the middle of nowhere, but somewhere near the PCT. Guy said he stopped me cause I had a MTN bike in the back of the truck. It was a kids bike. What the hell. Bunch of crap huh?

I hear THEY are taking money from the OHV fund to boost law enforcement in the Yollo Bollies, ***?

I know, if those guys would have just stopped in the first place then they would have just walked away with a citation and maybe have their bikes confiscated. But instead they ran and taxpayer money had to be used to catch them. They should have to pay for the resources that were used to catch them. Now they are facing what could be a high level misdomeanor or maybe a felony, not sure. I'm sure everyone has watched cops enough, the people that run are dumb and these three are no different.

• Like 1

Yesterday I was riding near North Columbia Ca, its a small dot on the map google it to see. Stopped in the local market for a drink like I always do and the owner says, be careful out there because officers were stopping motorcycles yesterday right out there, pointing to the road. Glad my WR250R is completely legal with DOT knobbies because this is getting to be the norm it seems. I only ride a short section of that road but in 2 months have not even seen a motorcycle. You can bet they are not pulling over street bikes or anyone else.

The story does not give enough detail the make a picture of the whole story but if you dont break the law you wont have a problem.

(Perfect Cycling Trail)

How do you know they didn't ticket cyclists? The article clearly states that there were additional citations issued and that is just one weekend. Do you have the statistics to prove that they don't ticket cyclists at any time? They are using green sticker money for enforcement because that is who should be paying for the enforcement of green sticker vehicles. I don't see a problem with that. Granted they could be street legal bikes, the article does not say, but they still pay into the fund with gas taxes that are calculated based on use. Who should pay for the enforcement of OHV laws? Someone who pays taxes and has nothing to do with OHV, owns no OHV's? I don't see your logic? I don't mind if some of my $52 or $54 or what ever it is goes to enforcement of the law, because in the end the people who break the law are the ones who make all of us look bad.

The story does not give enough detail the make a picture of the whole story but if you dont break the law you wont have a problem.

I agree!

They are using green sticker money for enforcement because that is who should be paying for the enforcement of green sticker vehicles. I don't see a problem with that. Granted they could be street legal bikes, the article does not say, but they still pay into the fund with gas taxes that are calculated based on use. Who should pay for the enforcement of OHV laws? Someone who pays taxes and has nothing to do with OHV, owns no OHV's? .

Theres millions of people without cars in the US, yet they pay the taxes that are used to enforce Vehicle Code violations. 👍

I dont mind green stiker monies being used for enforcement, but they already got enforcement. If there is less area open it should be easier to coral the riders into smaller area requiring less effort from the LEO.

Trust me nothing happens behind the gates, no need for leo to be back there, wink wink, nod nod.

Theres millions of people without cars in the US, yet they pay the taxes that are used to enforce Vehicle Code violations. 👍

I dont mind green stiker monies being used for enforcement, but they already got enforcement. If there is less area open it should be easier to coral the riders into smaller area requiring less effort from the LEO.

Trust me nothing happens behind the gates, no need for leo to be back there, wink wink, nod nod.

Has the funding for law enforcement gone up over the last few years? (serious question, I have no idea) It could be because of more riders/OHV's.

Per state law, SB 742.

25% of our green/red sticker goes directly to law enforcement

So Yes, our funds are used for this...

The subject of this post is not a rare one in these parts and

has been brought up on TT before. Maybe some of members

here recall when I posted print outs of this site that was circulated

at a PCT law enforcement meeting about a year ago.

All the "Bean" posts got bumped, and these people grabbed them, and they

printed them out

I asked Bryan to delete them, and they did.. Thanks

Sneaky tact, But it was all there for them to use against us

http://www.orvwatchkerncounty.com/

PCT traverses many private properties in that area, Having

bikes ride on it only compounds problems.

Simple fact, if we followed the rules, there would not be a problem.

Wayne

Another nail in Bean Canyon's Coffin !!

Sucks cause that is the best riding in the state.. IMO

While i don't advocate breaking the law, i do believe that we are fighting an uphill battle.👍 The few or many that break the law don't have an impact on whether or not we will lose riding areas. This is what the other side tells us , so we keep control of ourselves. I have seen this same fight with hunting , mountain biking,dirt biking,fishing and boating . Being nice about the battle will get us nowhere, it just slows the inevitable.

We had a camp check in OW over the MLK week end. Seemed they didn't do the circle around the fire but watched the girls taking care of themselves going on on the big screen from a distance. I can imagine what they were thinking.🤣

No, it was not me or my movies, it was the group I was hanging out with. 👍