Am i the only one?

Hey guys

Ive been riding trail bikes probably since i was 11 or 12, started with a XR100R and then got a XR250R which i rode on the road/dirt and now a XR650R for the road/dirt.

Now my dad was into bikes and all that but never really taught me anything cool so i didn't really even think about it or bother. But after reading on the net recently and getting my new BRP i have been thinking why do i never wheelie it?

So recently at the age of 18 i have started trying to and am definitely getting to the point where i can nearly hold it up steadily.

Am i the only one to start so late? Ive been riding for 6-7 years and never really even felt the urge to try? Is there something wrong with me?

I've been riding since I was 8, and never once tried to ride a wheelie. For me personally, it doesn't interest me. Growing up riding MX and desert XC, I was always more interested in going fast and big jumps. It just wasn't one of those skills I felt mattered to my personal style of riding.

I thought that was the case ๐Ÿ‘

I have to admit it is a different feeling learning how to wheelie, you know the feeling where your borderline on waking up tomorrow with an extremely sore ass ๐Ÿ™‚

A sore ass, busted rear fender, a bent subframe and slip on that slipped off.๐Ÿคฃ

I never wheelie, unless I am pinned out of a rut or corner. Well, actually, I wheelie quite often just while coming out of turns or ruts or I'm feeling great on the track. Or going over a ditch or log, I'll wheelie. I think you are referring to like when you're in the pits or parking lot, people like to do those 1st gear wheelies. Those, I do not do, ever. Those just don't interest me.

I do 12 o'clock wheelies on the quad. Only because, well, what else are they fun for besides mudding? ๐Ÿ‘

no im 20 and just started trying to ride wheelies ive also been riding since i was 8 but my grandpa is the one who taught me how to ride. just stricly trails he thought anything else was stupid. i just finally got my own bike and now ridind wheelies. i havent went to a motox track yet but im going to try that soon

im also 18 but didnt have any money to start riding until i was 16. i knew how to ride and bought a 48 state model drz 400k. so ive only been actually trail riding or doing any serious riding for about 2 years. i also only just recently have begun to be able to hold a strong steady wheelie. i guess i cared too much about becoming a good offroader to worry about wheelies, but ive found being able to make a controlled wheelie makes a world of difference on trails. i think with learning proper wheelies and nonstop trail riding for almost two years they have made me an adequate, decent trail rider. all of pozo, the local riding area, is common knoledge stuff to me now.๐Ÿ‘

I never wheelie, unless I am pinned out of a rut or corner. Well, actually, I wheelie quite often just while coming out of turns or ruts or I'm feeling great on the track.

I agree with the statement above.

Never try to wheelie really. I don't think woops, rollers, and coming out of corners count.