Motorcyle Hitch carrier on a car??? LoL

I'm going to be going to Flordia end of May... Taking the g/f's Lumina, anyway i was thinking how cool it would be to bring my bike along!.. so i;ve been throwing around the idea of building a Bike carrier that mounts to a receiver hitch. Hmmm anyone did this haha.. I would need to find me a receiver and mabey possible put air shocks on the back of the car. Only prob is i have 5 weeks to do this.. i'm not sure if i can get everything together and built that quick

I have that setup. I have a Hidden Hitch with a 1 1/4" receiver on the car. Car already has air shocks and a self-leveling system. (factory GM). Then I got an adapter from the 1 1/4" to a standard 2" receiver from Cabela's for $35. Now, my hitch motorcycle carrier fits. It rides well and I get 26 mpg instead of 12 with the truck.

I'm going to be going to Flordia end of May... Taking the g/f's Lumina, anyway i was thinking how cool it would be to bring my bike along!.. so i;ve been throwing around the idea of building a Bike carrier that mounts to a receiver hitch. Hmmm anyone did this haha.. I would need to find me a receiver and mabey possible put air shocks on the back of the car. Only prob is i have 5 weeks to do this.. i'm not sure if i can get everything together and built that quick

for a 200 lb. bike?

I have that setup. I have a Hidden Hitch with a 1 1/4" receiver on the car. Car already has air shocks and a self-leveling system. (factory GM). Then I got an adapter from the 1 1/4" to a standard 2" receiver from Cabela's for $35. Now, my hitch motorcycle carrier fits. It rides well and I get 26 mpg instead of 12 with the truck.

I second this plan. I bought a $120 carrier off ebay and it works like a champ to haul my DRZ-400 around with.