Jumping Technique?

make sure you use the clutch before you hit your back brake of the bike will stall and cause a horribal landing crash

not always true. Usually the bike bump starts on landing and you can ride away.

And if you are consistently jumping this table front wheel high then your problem is on the face, not once you are in the air. Less acceleration or further forward body position while on the face, and i find that on steep linear lips if i bounce on the pegs a little bit right before i take off it settles the bike underneath me and makes the front drop later in flight.

^^^ True. That "bouncing" technique. I will brake tap in the air if needed, but I try to use body position as much as possible to correct bike positioning in the air. More work possibly but I feel it makes my landings much smoother and my body ends up in a better position upon landing than if brake tapping. Also, on the stallling thing in the air, did it once or twice, bike started back up when landing. Seen a buddy do it off a 100' do or die double at his practice track 3 or 4 years ago when I first started riding. It's a little freaky when the biek shuts off in the air, but the main thing is to stay calm and just try and land really squeezing the bike.

• Experts

The most important part of the jump is where the bike actually leaves the ground, where you have the compression and rebound part of the jump. What gives you control at this critical part of the jump is your body movements and throttle control. Along with this body movement and throttle control is timing. The timing is so critical that the body movement and throttle control has to be an automatic reflex reaction. This is why it takes so much time and practice to learn to jump well. Key into the compressing and rebound part of the jump, move your body back a little as the rear wheel kicks up and blip the throttle a little at the same time. This will cause the front wheel to stay level or come up a little. If the front wheel is too high don’t move back as much or give it as much throttle. If you want the front end lower it’s just the opposite; don’t blip the throttle as much and don’t move back as much. When you want to accelerate after the landing it’s best to land with the throttle on. I have 2 Technique DVDs that cover Jumping and Whoops. You can see a free video preview of these and many others at: www.gsmxs.com or you can visit www.mxraceschool.com to see many more. 👍:thumbsup:🤣