Sign in to follow this  

hey dyno experts

why am a i getting this weird dip in the tq line were the 2 lines cross484dynocharts001.jpg

i have the same thing happen on a different build ,same machine, but now is seams to be more pronounced.

jetting is good . only thing we did not do is to try a pull with the spark arrester in the pipe.

ah , i would like to do that but i dont have it , maybe i can get it .

your thinking its ''way'' rich at that point ? no not really

i did ask if mabe we could jet it out but the thought was no, not so much that it was a wast of time but that it could be hard to do as it was not that far off .

i'm wondering if it has more to do with the dynatek cdi ?

51.7 to the wheel? Pretty salty! Anyways like eddie said without seeing a/f one can't determine whether that is just a result of VE at that point in the RPM's or if it's an actual jetting issue. Honestly that dip doesn't look bad enough to even be noticed while riding...

well I'm going to rule out tire slip

this next graph is a run of my former build with a near similar dip ,different dyno a year ago , i atribulate the HP jump to RHC #187 cams

scan_952134048_1.jpg

mostly its a point of curiosity if it can be jetted out ,OK ,so much the better if not then owell so what i really dont spend much time at that rpm any way

I'm going to guess intake or exhaust resonance. Something out of phase that works at a different RPM. Looks like a pretty nice curve to me. Air/fuel should clarify.

i sent a PM to the guy that did the dyno run also sent a email to dynatek ,

it could be just me but it seams odd that it takes a dip at that rpm . no i cant feel it but if its a simple fix so much the better