Sign in to follow this  

who all travels over 3 hours to race?

Who all here races in a series and travels over three hours to get to the track? and goes

I was wondering whether to go in the morning to a race that is 3 hours and a half away.

I could go to a practice track that is real fun to ride on which is just 45 min's away tomorrow.

i dont know how everyone here is about traveling over 3 hours to get to a track but i hate getting up at 3am to be at a track by sign up at 7am and practice at 8am.

Ive done it, but what I usually do now, ESPECIALLY for the far away ones, is to just stay the whole weekend. Ill pack up after work on Friday and head out. Dont do it alone though..make sure you have a couple people with you in the chance something goes wrong and you cant drive yourself home at the end of the day. Ive learned that one the hard way.

I take it youre considering heading to South Fork tomorrow (seeing youre from Virginia)?

actually devil's Ridge. Down in North carolina

I just hate to sit in a vehicle for over 2 hours anymore. My wife she goes to all of them with me

+ we take the dog and he is another person (130lb doberman) (weighed him yesterday at the vet)

I may go or may just stick around here and ride down at center road mx tomorrow

5 + hrs. EVERY weekend !

Ah! thats BS!.......you couldnt do that every weekend. "Dang" that would kill me.

That would put you to getting back so late and getting up to go to work would be heck.

Do you live close to work or dont have to get up to early monday morning?

besides! you all have a track every thirty min's down the road.

It's racing, it's always worth the drive. I haven't done any off road events yet, but when we road raced, we would travel however far from Cincy we needed to go.

Nashville 5 hours

Gratten, Mi 8 hours

Road Atl. 8 hours

Mid-O 3 hours

Barber 8 hours

Jennings, Fl 12 hours

Roebling 9 hours

We were gonna go to Miller, which would have taken 28-30 hours, but everyone backed out. I'd go race and make a weekend of it.

I live in Orcutt, Ca (1 hour N of Santa Barbara)... Work 4-10's @ Vandenberg AFB . I race D37 Desert, GP, Enduro, Etc . If we race Sat and Sun then I leave on Fri afternoon, If it is just a Sun event I leave Sat afternoon. I usually get home @ 9-10 p.m. on Sun evening, only to be up @ 4 on Mon. I wouldnt have it any other way ! I LOVE TO RIDE 👍

I live in Orcutt, Ca (1 hour N of Santa Barbara)... Work 4-10's @ Vandenberg AFB . I race D37 Desert, GP, Enduro, Etc . If we race Sat and Sun then I leave on Fri afternoon, If it is just a Sun event I leave Sat afternoon. I usually get home @ 9-10 p.m. on Sun evening, only to be up @ 4 on Mon. I wouldnt have it any other way ! I LOVE TO RIDE 👍

4-10's! Thats a sweet shift! I'd like to have that.

You get up at the same time as i do for work. I have to be at the the prison at 15 til six for breifing. although i put in to come in late 2hrs monday so I wouldnt have to get up at 4am after the race if I go.

Three hours is a breeze. I can easily make any race in the LACC series in 5 to 5.5 hours. Most are closer.

I also race hydroplanes. There's one race about 2.5 hours from me. The rest are all more than 5 hours. The Nationals will be a 10+ hour drive.

i dont know how everyone here is about traveling over 3 hours to get to a track but i hate getting up at 3am to be at a track by sign up at 7am and practice at 8am.

I drive 2 1/2 hours just to a practice track so 3 to 4 hours isn't that big of a deal to hang out with friends and racing:banghead:. I guess it all depands on if you want to race or ride....

I guess I'm just getting to sorry. I hate haveing to run my truck to death all over the place.

I need to find me a cargo van to get to the tracks and buy me a cheap running car on gas for work.

I guess I'm just getting to sorry. I hate haveing to run my truck to death all over the place.

17K miles in 5 months is what I put on my vehicle during riding season 2 years ago.

17K miles in 5 months is what I put on my vehicle during riding season 2 years ago.

shewwwwww! thats alot of miles in five months.

Makes me feel privleged just having to drive 180 miles to the race.

There is three tracks near me that is in our series that is just an hour drive pulling a trailer and one of them is only 40 min's away.

shewwwwww! thats alot of miles in five months.

Makes me feel privleged just having to drive 180 miles to the race.

There is three tracks near me that is in our series that is just an hour drive pulling a trailer and one of them is only 40 min's away.

I would say skip going to Devils Ridge. I went there for the state champs in 05 and 06 and the track is a joke.