Off Topic, but needed to tell you guys.

Hi Guys,

OK... this is off topic, but since this is the only part of the board I visit, and where people know me... I just wanted to tell you guys.

As some of you know, I own a small shop, and I mostly work on Victory Motorcycles. I will work on anything that comes in (including watercraft) but Victory is my focus.

Anyway... one of the bikes I built is being featured on the cover of the new JC Whittney motorcycle catalog!!! 👍

Ironically, they don't carry any of my standard parts, but it still makes me feel good that my work is getting some press.🤣

The picture was sent to me by a customer, but as soon as I get my hands on a new catalog, I will put up a better pic of it.

FYI... it's a 2007 Victory Kingpin with a 23" front wheel. All the parts on it were made in my shop with the exception of the highway bars.

IMG_0546.jpg

P1010044.jpg

P1010046.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I didn't know if you would appreciate a Old-man bike post or not.

As I was saying... they do not carry my standard parts... but I got a request for a meeting. Hopefully we can work out a deal. (keeping my fingers crossed)

Very Nice! Didn't even know they made wheels that big for a bike.

They don't. I machined that wheel in my shop. Avon is the only company who makes a tire in the size I needed. They also do a 25 and a 26 inch. I wanted to go up to a 26, but we would have had clearance issues with the oil cooler. (on the front of the frame)

That rocks Doc🤣 I'm not a big V-Twin guy, but I've always had a softer spot for Victory bikes over the competition.

I do have a 58 HD Panhead (unrestored original) sitting in the garage that belonged to my father in law (recently deceased) that's available if you have any interest........(shameless plug). 👍

Nice work, and Congratulations!!

very cool, something to be very proud of.

I was wondering. How do you engineer the front wheel regarding strength in relation to actual material. Only three spots connect outer rim area to spoke area. I am just curious is all.

I can do a stress analysis in my CAD software. That wheel is thin... but it has more meat that the pictures show. The connections are 3/4 thick, and an inch wide.

I can do a stress analysis in my CAD software. That wheel is thin... but it has more meat that the pictures show. The connections are 3/4 thick, and an inch wide.

very cool. thanks for the answer. must be interesting to design these and actually make them.👍