Sign in to follow this  

Moose Racing Jet Kit

Has anyone installed the stage 1 jet kit from Moose Racing Products on your KLX? If you have installed one, please give me your thoughts and would you recommend it over the JD jetting kit?

Hey Phildrz, I was about to ask the same question as I have come across the Moose Stage 1 jet kit and FMF Power up Jet kit. They look virtually identical, for $60 and $42 respectively... way cheaper than the JD kit. But there is little info on them. If they are the same size jets, then it really doesn't matter which brand you go with. These Thumpertalk forums seem to be stuck on the JD and F2 brands. I need to know more, so do you. I am about to buy a 2008 KLX450, so I am doing my research now. I think I'll run it stock for a while before I decide if I need after market Pipes. But the jetting makes sense to get now as there is some talk of it running lean and hot. Next two important things for me are Radiator Guards (radiators are expensive if you drop your bike) and bark buster hand guards. Good luck

Hi there

I have the Dynojet 2116 kit in my 08 KLX 450. It is the same that the FMF and Moose Racing kits, it comes with instructions for stage 1 and stage 2. Im on stage 2 and the bike runs just fine, very easy starting, good power feeling and throttle response, the only issue is some stalling wen stopping the bike after slow speed riding but no big deal. Maybe if i return to the stock 45 pilot jet it will be fine, im on 48 now, i think that was a bad choice. In the beginning i was confused about pilot jet because the kit dont have pilots or instructions about it so i email them and they say to leave the stock one, since i had the 48 at that time i leave it in place to avoide thaking the carb out. If you want pm me with your email so i can send the kit instructions for you to see what comes with the kit and how does it works. You can install the kit without removing the carb, its a 30 minutes job. About JD kit it was not an option because its not easy available here in Portugal.

Regards,