Vibranator and Intiminator

After finally getting my clutch issues sorted I tackled installing these Ricor goodies. As advertised, both items do just that.

The vibranators fit inside the handlebar and make the handlebars vibration free except under a heavy load. If I were running a flat slide carb(I used to have the MXROB-FCR) the bike would be ultra smooth. The only downside I feel is worth mentioning is that it vibrates inside the handlebar and you can hear it buzzing at high frequencies when the engine is cranking out high rpms comparable to the sound of an alarm clock bell ringing.

I will not go back to the heavy stock bar end weights. These do keep the mirrors clearer than those do with aluminum bars. I am still running Pro Taper SE ATV mid's or lows.

The Intiminators are very cool. I haven't played with preload yet. I think I have the spacer at 7 or 8 mm above the top of the fork tube before putting the caps on. 6 inches is my oil level.

As advertised as well, these things work! Fork dive under braking is reduced and generally the feel of the road is great. When hitting a large bump, the fork absorbs the hit without flinching. It also shows that my shock needs tending to. The front feels so good that the rear needs some addressing to complete the package.

Installation was simple, if a little dirty dealing with oil. I don't notice any odd clicking or noises as reported by others once installed and ridden with. They function great.

Looking forward to more miles with these great products.

I got both of them on my Transalp - the Intimators do make a difference, but not the complete solution - better than stock set up. The Vibranators - complete waste of money as they do absolutely nothing on the Transalp and could have made them myself for a couple of cents. Maybe I should put them on the DR instaed...

I got both of them on my Transalp - the Intimators do make a difference, but not the complete solution - better than stock set up. The Vibranators - complete waste of money as they do absolutely nothing on the Transalp and could have made them myself for a couple of cents. Maybe I should put them on the DR instaed...

Does the Transalp have twin carbs? Since it is a twin engine, if one cylinder is out of sync with the other, it may be tough to dial out a vibration.

Give them a shot on the DR and see what happens.

What bars are you using on the Trans?

Kimble, the Intiminators are the drop in fork valves a la the Racetech emulators except these apparantley work better in controlling chassis movement versus terrain induced suspension movement.

When the brakes are applied or small bumps are hit, the forks remain and communicative and when you hit larger bumps the forks will use the travel to absorb the hits. Supposedly like the workings of the more expensive and complicated cartridge forks.

So far they are working very well. I don't see a reason to change the settings unless I were to sample another 650 with the same setup that rode better.

The Vibranator is an insert into the handlebars which serve the same purpose as the bar end weights although instead of being a heavy weight that sticks into the end of the handlebar, these slide in, weigh less, and seem to work better in quelling the vibes. As noted, they do talk a little in extreme situations and I plan on transplanting them into a set of fat bars. Not sure if it will change things at all. The Pro Taper fat bars I used to run had less vibration than the 7/8" Pro Taper SE's that I run now.

The Pro Taper fat bars I used to run had less vibration than the 7/8" Pro Taper SE's that I run now.

Yeah, the 7/8" SE's I put on both my wife's and my DR650 came off in one day. They increased vibration dramatically. I initially set them up with Vibranators.... then removed the Vibranators.... then removed and shelved the SE's. With my set-up's using Moose bark busters the Vibranators don't seem to do much of anything.... I don't know if the Bark Busters tying the end of the bars closer to the triple clamps has anything to do with it... but the stock steel bars with the Moose Bark Busters using the rubber steel bar expander is superior in vibration control. I want to try some regular ProTaper aluminum bars to see if they produce the same results.

Does the Transalp have twin carbs? Since it is a twin engine, if one cylinder is out of sync with the other, it may be tough to dial out a vibration.

Give them a shot on the DR and see what happens.

What bars are you using on the Trans?

The carbs are balanced OK and I got standard bars - I was originally pretty impressed with the Intimators so I thought I'd give the other ones a go, but did nothing on the Transalp. I'll try them on the DR anyway...